DVC resale: cruises and Disneyland??

You can use your points at the Grand Californian DVC property, but you can’t convert the points into cruise or hotel room stays.

It’s a terrible use of points anyway, so you wouldn’t want to even if you could.

Do realize that the Grand Californian at DL is a very small DVC resort and thus it is a challenge to get a villa there at 7 months.

If you are buying any points other than grand Californian good luck trying to get rooms there at the 7 month window. I was checking for about a month for a 1 bedroom but you could see all the reservations being walked.

can I use my points at Disneyland and/or to book cruises?
No to cruises and you are not eligible for member cruises, but if you wanted to do a disney cruise (or any cruise) you could rent out your points and use the cash to help pay for it.

As for VGC - you can use points there but don't bank on it -- rooms go very quickly and often what is left at the 7 month mark are only 1 and/or 2 BR.

...unless, of course, you buy VGC resale and book VGC at 11 months, which is typically pretty doable. Still cannot be used for DLH or Paradise Pier or cruises.

You might take a quick glance at the DVC points charts for cruises. They are... yikes? They are per person.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/cruise/

A 3-night Bahamian cruise in Value season in an inside stateroom starts at 93 points/person, and it's double occupancy. So 186 points to start for a 3-nighter. A 2-night Baja starts at 86 points/person.

Goes up rapidly from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter