DVC Resale

oufpat

Mouseketeer
We made a small profit selling an OKW contract, not sure of exact numbers. I need to report the profit as part of my Federal Taxes, but have discarded all and any paperwork, don't even remember who I worked with. I know, my bad, but was just happy to be rid of it. If I called DVC, would they have any record of my original purchase price?

We made a small profit selling an OKW contract, not sure of exact numbers. I need to report the profit as part of my Federal Taxes, but have discarded all and any paperwork, don't even remember who I worked with. I know, my bad, but was just happy to be rid of it. If I called DVC, would they have any record of my original purchase price?
You could check the OC Comptroller website for your deed, and see if it had the purchase price. If not you could back out the taxes that were paid for it, but I forget what the rate is.

May not actually have a profit. Part of your annual maintenance fee while not tax deductible may be able to be added to the cost of the time share to offset the profit. Profits are taxable but is a loss not deductible. FRom what I quickly searched the portion of annual dues for capital reserves can be added to you total cost of the time share as well as closing costs. I suggest you reach out to a tax accountant for tax advice regarding the sale of the time share

I would be interested to hear about how you were able to get copies of your original paperwork. While not seriously considering selling yet, I feel the day is coming soon and I am not sure where my paperwork is.

I would be interested to hear about how you were able to get copies of your original paperwork. While not seriously considering selling yet, I feel the day is coming soon and I am not sure where my paperwork is.
Fortunately, we had the original paperwork We still own at BLT, but after our visit last January we decided to downsize.

All of the legal paperwork we have ever had with DVC is easily found on the registrar's site at Orange County. I looked it all up a few years ago just for entertainment. Your sale papers should be there too, at least fairly shortly after your sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter