DVC Resort “Scent” Recommendations

kmorlock

Our Happy Place
So, we all know each resort seems to have a “scent” that is unique to the theming. Some candles often remind me of certain resorts. I’d love to know what scent others pick-up on at Old Key West and if they have found any home fragrance that compares? Other resort suggestions welcome too!

So not OKW specific, but Beach Club - Scentsy just came out with one called Summer Rain that reminds me of Beach Club - they have it in a wax for the warmers and a spray...going to have to try it!

I've never gotten any scent at all from any of the WDW resorts. I guess I'm not looking for any scents when I get there. But, I don't like candles anyway. I only use battery operated candles.

There’s a long running thread on scents but I wasn’t able to find it searching. Maybe someone else will have the link.

There’s a long running thread on scents but I wasn’t able to find it searching. Maybe someone else will have the link.
I thought so too but, could not find it. I just could not figure out what it was at OKW. Thanks for helping though!

I don't recall a special scent at the resorts
I've never gotten any scent at all from any of the WDW resorts. I guess I'm not looking for any scents when I get there. But, I don't like candles anyway. I only use battery operated candles.

I don't recall a special scent at the resorts either. When I go again I will pay special attention to the "scent" of each resort we visit to see if I pick up on any "special" fragrance... I have a pretty good sniffer so I'm surprised I never really noticed...

I don't recall a special scent at the resorts

I don't recall a special scent at the resorts either. When I go again I will pay special attention to the "scent" of each resort we visit to see if I pick up on any "special" fragrance... I have a pretty good sniffer so I'm surprised I never really noticed...
From what I’ve heard/read, scents are said to be piped into the lobby and other community areas. The Poly lobby has a pretty unique tropical fragrance and the Grand definitely smells like sweet baked goods to me. Yacht has a scent like a crisp clean men’s cologne. Contemporary smells like leather/new car smell to me. Boardwalk has had nothing distinguishable to me.

You can buy a scent machine to pump in scents to your home. I think the Grand Floridian Scent is Eucalyptus Mint, but I can't remember for sure. There is a long thread on this elsewhere on DisBoards.
Here is a link to the company that makes the machine. https://www.scenthd.com/fragrances/bestsellers

I looked into this a while back, and ultimately decided not to purchase. The recurring cost for the cartridges was more than I wanted to commit to.

I want Boardwalk smell! I ordered from one of those companies on etsy and found the smell to be waffle - ish but didn't quite capture the Boardwalk smell like I hoped it would.

I want Boardwalk smell! I ordered from one of those companies on etsy and found the smell to be waffle - ish but didn't quite capture the Boardwalk smell like I hoped it would.

What is the scent of Boardwalk? This is the resort were we usually stay and I honest don't remember picking on any specific "scent" that says to me I'm at the Boardwalk...again on my next visit I will be paying special attention to the fragrance of each resort we visit.

You can buy a scent machine to pump in scents to your home. I think the Grand Floridian Scent is Eucalyptus Mint, but I can't remember for sure. There is a long thread on this elsewhere on DisBoards.
Here is a link to the company that makes the machine. https://www.scenthd.com/fragrances/bestsellers

I looked into this a while back, and ultimately decided not to purchase. The recurring cost for the cartridges was more than I wanted to commit to.
I can't believe how much that product costs! Wow! You can get the same effect with a couple of oil diffusers placed throughout your house ($20-$30 each) with essential oils or fragrance oils ($7-9 each and last months each bottle). I believe Magic Candle Company sells the oils for DW resort fragrances.

I’ve never smelled anything as strong as the scent in the AoA lobby. It’s a nice fruity, tropical smell, but man, it smacks you right in the face when you walk in!

What is the scent of Boardwalk? This is the resort were we usually stay and I honest don't remember picking on any specific "scent" that says to me I'm at the Boardwalk...again on my next visit I will be paying special attention to the fragrance of each resort we visit.
It's kind of waffle cone, cinnamon, but then a touch of extra something. It's the extra little something that all of the other companies boardwalk smell miss for me but I can't figure out exactly what it is to even look for! I guess I'll just have to go back 😎

It's kind of waffle cone, cinnamon, but then a touch of extra something. It's the extra little something that all of the other companies boardwalk smell miss for me but I can't figure out exactly what it is to even look for! I guess I'll just have to go back 😎

Thanks, I will definitely be paying attention the next time I'm there. :flower1:

I can't believe how much that product costs! Wow! You can get the same effect with a couple of oil diffusers placed throughout your house ($20-$30 each) with essential oils or fragrance oils ($7-9 each and last months each bottle). I believe Magic Candle Company sells the oils for DW resort fragrances.

I’ve never smelled anything as strong as the scent in the AoA lobby. It’s a nice fruity, tropical smell, but man, it smacks you right in the face when you walk in!

We bought the scent hd machine as a gift for our friend after a trip in December. It was also on sale (they have them all the time) and it’s a pretty neat system. The scent is strong though (I also have a sensitive nose) He has a larger home with a two story vaulted family room so it worked nicely in his home but it would be too strong in our small house. We ordered one cartridge that was there GF / BC smell to go with it but I forgot what the smell name is. Eucalyptus sounds familiar. Also got the sample packs so he could see what he liked for future. It’s a really nice system, worth the cost if you have a large space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter