DVC resorts - major remodeling?

While the rooms may not be refurbished as often, I've never had a room issue in regards to being run down (not saying others haven't). Last yr when we were at BCV carpets were dirty in hallways but around the third day there they were being cleaned. 2013 Easter at BLT and BWV's rooms and facilities met are expectations

While we do pay a premium price as DVC owners compared to other "timeshares", I think that DVC outshines others by leaps and bounds based on my experiences. While far from perfect the overall minor imperfections are okay with me when I compare it to the cost to stay in a hotel room on property. My stay for Xmas week at Boardwalk would cost $671 per night at the Boardwalk Inn If that is in your budget for 7 to 10 days annual and you want to a fresher room, that would be the way to go.

No way. We have traded into tons of timeshares, and DVC would be the absolute bottom of our list quality-wise. Marriott would be the top, followed by Westin/Starwood, Wyndham, and a few others. DVC cannot hold a candle in my mind due to lack-of-upkeep/refurb.

You typically get an internal refurbishment about every 6 to 7 years, e.g., BWV, opened in 1996, got one in 2002-03 and 2009-10. The hotels are closer to an every 5-6 year cycle. I actually stayed at Polynesian once just before renovation and the rooms were about shabby as they could get so those are not always in prime shape either. I agree with the above that Disney is not at the top of the leaderboard for keeping things in prime conditon but from my experience that applies to both DVC and the Disney hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter