DVC ressie with no tickets

Oh no!!! Can you still renew on the website or they removed that option completely once you took the buyout?

I don’t know but it seems like everything was shut down, You'd have to try

The DVC rep I talked to was the most sympathetic (the ticket guy - not so much), and it sounded as if she had basically answered the exact same question all day. She said there were lots of DVC members in the same boat but basically we were SOL (my words, not hers :rolleyes: ).
Thanks. I just got off the phone with MS as well and her answer was "we don't know but keep watching the Disney site for more information." I asked her to pass along a request to management on our behalf, assuming those kinds of customer services issues get attention.

Disney clearly has access to all of the numbers and can do the math in advance involving existing reservations, with and without tickets. It concerns me that they don't think they have enough headroom to let DVC into the process before the general melee begins. Although I haven't been a DVC member long enough to know if this is just an oversight or par for the course in terms of how management makes decisions around DVC.

Thanks. I just got off the phone with MS as well and her answer was "we don't know but keep watching the Disney site for more information." I asked her to pass along a request to management on our behalf, assuming those kinds of customer services issues get attention.

Disney clearly has access to all of the numbers and can do the math in advance involving existing reservations, with and without tickets. It concerns me that they don't think they have enough headroom to let DVC into the process before the general melee begins. Although I haven't been a DVC member long enough to know if this is just an oversight or par for the course in terms of how management makes decisions around DVC.

Actually, they can’t because they have no access to offsite ticket holders,

Right now, there are people out there with multi-day tickets who may or may not be booking as they have no onsite reservstion.

What Disney has to do was prioritize people and it looks like tickets trumped everything else...since that is what is needed to get in.

It definitely does leave DVC owners who didn’t get around to buying tickets yet in the last group, along with those resort only cash guests who didint either

ETA. I was reported in the rumors thread at the beginning of the week by someone who has contacts that DVC, AP and those at values/mods were going to be disappointed with some of the decisions made.

This is one of them..

On June 28th, they will sell cash packages with tickets and rooms, but guests must Book park days right then.

This is the part that seems like a thumb in the eye of DVC owners. They're going to allow people without any reservations at all to have priority over DVC members with existing reservations? Maybe they'll do as you think and let us get our tickets at that point, but it seems ominous they wouldn't have announced that to DVC members today as part of the big blast.

(Apologies - I know you know I know that I'm preaching to the choir...)

We have 10 going in December. Three with APs, two under 3, and 5 who want Military Salute tix. This is gonna be a crazy wait.

we’re in the same boat too. We have a stay at Jambo in November 2020 and I haven’t bought tickets yet because I wasn’t sure if we’d 100% be going.

I believe park ticket purchases are non refundable and must be used be a certain date? I’m open to buying tickets this summer when ticket sales resume, but if I cancel my trip what happens to my tickets? We won’t be back until November 2021.

I believe park ticket purchases are non refundable and must be used be a certain date? I’m open to buying tickets this summer when ticket sales resume, but if I cancel my trip what happens to my tickets? We won’t be back until November 2021.
If you buy tix and never use them, the value of them can be used towards the costs of tix for 2021 and you would just play the difference, so they retain their value as long as they haven't been used at a park.

If you buy tix and never use them, the value of them can be used towards the costs of tix for 2021 and you would just play the difference, so they retain their value as long as they haven't been used at a park.
Ohh okay well thank you that’s good to know! I’ve never bought tickets and not used them, so this is new territory for me. Has anyone without tickets but a DVC reservation gotten the “be among the first” email? Now I am extra confused lol I’m pretty sure I am unable to “be among the first” since I only have a DVC reservation and no tickets ?

This is the part that seems like a thumb in the eye of DVC owners. They're going to allow people without any reservations at all to have priority over DVC members with existing reservations? Maybe they'll do as you think and let us get our tickets at that point, but it seems ominous they wouldn't have announced that to DVC members today as part of the big blast.

That is why those with 2021 DVC trips should call Disney on June 24th and see if they can get tickets for 2021 like those with room only reservations before they open the 2021 packages to cash guests...assuming wants to try for park days now for those trips.

Remember, the 28th is only for 2021...no one will get tickets or rooms for 2020 until later in summer.

I have trips booked for Feb and March of 2021...but honestly, not going to try and book those now because I really think by then, capacity won’t be an issue

I have a DVC resort reservation for Jan 2021 but no tickets. I got the email today about "be the first" but I am sure it does not apply. Based on how I read things, I wouldn't be able to get tickets or make park pass reservations until June 28th. Sound about right?

I have a DVC resort reservation for Jan 2021 but no tickets. I got the email today about "be the first" but I am sure it does not apply. Based on how I read things, I wouldn't be able to get tickets or make park pass reservations until June 28th. Sound about right?

It is unclear how DVC reservations will be treated for Disney on June 28th for tickets, The info only discusses cash guests. Someone would want to call.

That is just incredibly wrong.

We have an August stay and just hadn’t bought our tickets yet because our FP window hadn’t opened. Then they halted all ticket sales.

But someone who books after me gets to buy tickets before me?

It is unclear how DVC reservations will be treated for Disney on June 28th for tickets, The info only discusses cash guests. Someone would want to call.

I had read this which is how I assumed I could buy tickets for 2021 to use with my DVC reservation.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 a

I have a 10 day stay in December but my issue is that my wife has a ticket but I currently do not. I was hoping to buy a Gold AP but that no longer seems to be an option. I asked member services today how I handle booking a park reservation during my stay when only one of us has a ticket and their response was to book dates for the current ticket holder and "hope for the best that you might be able to join them during their park days"....

I had read this which is how I assumed I could buy tickets for 2021 to use with my DVC reservation.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 a

I didn’t catch the and, but it does sound like DVC should count for 2021 that day. Just be prepared to have all your guests in the reservation as I was told that when you buy the tickets, you have to pick your parks at the same time!

I didn’t catch the and, but it does sound like DVC should count for 2021 that day. Just be prepared to have all your guests in the reservation as I was told that when you buy the tickets, you have to pick your parks at the same time!

I totally get it, its all confusing and different areas are reporting different things. I heard no park hopping with no date of when it will return. I listened to another live youtube cast and they were saying park hopping in 2021 was announced. It is hard to wade through what was speculation, what was announced official etc.

Oh no!!! Can you still renew on the website or they removed that option completely once you took the buyout?
I can renew my plat pass which I just don’t want to cause I want to go down to gold and really don’t feel like giving them more money for months I can’t use it. My plan was take the money for 3 mths closed and buy new gold passes for the Jan trip with that start date. My tickets expire June 17th so sept extension. And add 1 mth so October 17th. I don’t go till mid January.

It looks like the option to buy annual passes has been removed from the website. 😢
AHHHH!!! It was literally open earlier today. I was on there getting pricing for tickets, and would have bought our APs... except I could not find my Disney Rewards card and had to order a new one. If I had realized they would have closed out AP sales later today, I would have bought them and just saved the Rewards for use during the trip. This is so frustrating. We have reservations for D23 in November and for 5 days before Christmas, but we don't have park tickets!

I'm trying not to get all worked up, but many people on the Rumor board are getting e-mails that they'll be able to make reservations on Monday. I haven't received an e-mail yet - okay, no biggie. I've got my DVC reservation and I have tickets linked, so I should be good. But when I went to check my plans in MDE, my plans show my DVC reservations as Room Only and I do show the tickets as being linked. I know everyone is saying we should be fine, but I won't lie, it bothers me a bit. Does anyone have any insight?

Someone just posted in another forum that a TA email from Dreams indicated that it could be as early as only a few weeks before new tickets could go on sale for 2020.

So, those with August trips may be able to get some in July if this holds true, Of course, hopefully there will still be park reservations, but at least it may not be that long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter