• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC ressie with no tickets

Just an FYI for anyone having second thoughts about third party ticket sellers, I just used UC for for tickets and had my e-tickets in my email in under an hour!
Yeah, they weren’t available at 7am so I just booked via Disney. Then it took over an hour and a chat to get my park ressies. I should have just waited. Would have saved over $240. Oh well. I’m set and I’m happy.

Last edited:

So happy to have tickets! Just curious for those that got them already what your time window was for each park. Wondering if everyone receives the same time window or if they actually staggered them. This is what we received:

Magic Kingdom: 9:00AM-7:00PM
Animal Kingdom: 8:00AM-6:00PM
Epcot: 11:00AM-9:00PM
Hollywood Studios: 10:00AM-8:00PM
Got the exact same times (for Feb 2021)

Now, when they open....this is all the great unknown now right? fast passes are not happening (correct?), so is it all standby for rides? Virtual que? Once we choose a park day, that is it for now?

For now, no FP and no virtual queues. Just standby.

So DVC AP 2021 was not part of the release. I guess I’ll just sit here and wait for the next rumors. A multi-day pass doesn’t nothing for me. I still have an active universal studios AP with free parking. Our APs expired in August/September with the extension, so renewing was not an option if we were not coming back until January/February 2021 (3+ week stay).

So DVC AP 2021 was not part of the release. I guess I’ll just sit here and wait for the next rumors. A multi-day pass doesn’t nothing for me. I still have an active universal studios AP with free parking. Our APs expired in August/September with the extension, so renewing was not an option if we were not coming back until January/February 2021 (3+ week stay).

Yeah I already have 7-day tickets this year that I want to upgrade to APs to cover me for a trip next year too. Need to do that so I can reserve park passes ASAP.

Should I buy a new set of regular tickets today so I can reserve park passes and then hope Disney will give me a gift card or something for the difference once I'm able to convert both sets of tickets to APs?

Yeah I already have 7-day tickets this year that I want to upgrade to APs to cover me for a trip next year too. Need to do that so I can reserve park passes ASAP.

Should I buy a new set of regular tickets today so I can reserve park passes and then hope Disney will give me a gift card or something for the difference once I'm able to convert both sets of tickets to APs?

Tickets are always upgrade. So, both can be converted to APs later. What I don’t know is if you can upgrade the second set to just a voucher for later use, since you’ll want to activate one, and not the other.

But, tickets never lose their value...even when expiring.

Tickets are always upgrade. So, both can be converted to APs later. What I don’t know is if you can upgrade the second set to just a voucher for later use, since you’ll want to activate one, and not the other.

Thanks for your advice. Yes we'll always be coming back. Perhaps I'll upgrade the first set to APs to use for these two trips, then upgrade the second for future gold AP vouchers. Thank you!

Thanks for your response. I wound up getting through via chat. Phyllis jumped in and reserved my days for me and I'm all set. Neither of us know what the problem was, but she helped with the solution! Got everything I wanted.
So glad you were able to get it fixed!

If I purchase a 10 day ticket for 2021 now & then upgrade to AP when they are up for sale can I do that all over the phone? Or do I have to wait until I'm there to go to guest services in person?

Thanks for your advice. Yes we'll always be coming back. Perhaps I'll upgrade the first set to APs to use for these two trips, then upgrade the second for future gold AP vouchers. Thank you!

yes one ticket can be applied towards an AP. That doesn’t help me because I have too many trips and each very long.....my trips from January to September total over 8 weeks. I am just going to not worry about it and hope that this is better 7 months from now. And if it isn’t, not sure i want to be there.

If I purchase a 10 day ticket for 2021 now & then upgrade to AP when they are up for sale can I do that all over the phone? Or do I have to wait until I'm there to go to guest services in person?

the current rule is only in person At guest services. But who knows anymore.

yes one ticket can be applied towards an AP. That doesn’t help me because I have too many trips and each very long.....my trips from January to September total over 8 weeks. I am just going to not worry about it and hope that this is better 7 months from now. And if it isn’t, not sure i want to be there.

I've got the same problem. I'm planning multiple trips so buying a day ticket and then upgrading to an AP won't work for me.

I think we'll be fine once AP's start selling. I'm trying not to stress about it. Will just keep checking every day

The only good thing is as long as Christmas 2020 and Easter 2021 is open for all tickets I like my chances for early December and late January.

So I am just waiting for an option to buy a AP.

Has it been confirmed that July 12 is the date for 2020 tickets and APs to go on sale? We also have two short trips in Nov & Dec 2020, as well as our 2021, and don't have tickets for any of them yet.

Anybody notice 6 hours into opening up ticket sales for 2021 that ALL parks for ALL days are still available and ticket purchasing has been relatively smooth. Now compare that with that "entitled" gaggle of local AP's when they went live on the 26th. On the 26th 2 hours into it and DHS was already full and by the end of day one a lot of days (I was too busy to count) and all weekends up through July had at least some parks full. What does that tell you. It tells me that local AP's are part of Disney's problem with them constantly going everyday into a park to just ride one or two rides and then leaving for the day and booking up all the reservations for that day. Just my opinion.

On another note, Today may be good news for 2020 resort guest waiting to purchase tickets. Today was the last piece of unknown information Disney needed for tickets sales. You have Resort Guests on the 22nd, AP's with Res on the 24th, AP's without res on the 26th and now General public for 2021 on the 28th If demand is lower for 2021 general ticket sales that may encourage Disney to open up 2020 ticket sales sooner as long as park availability continues to hold steady. Other then Local AP's sucking up their allotment on day 1, the other 3 days 22nd, 24th and 28th still have park availability for most days. I am trying to stay optimistic here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter