• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Room Requests

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We booked Animal Kingdom Kidani Studio Savanna through DVC (a first for us) and I understand that we get to make one reservation request only. We would normally request a deep room clean (because of allergies), I would let Disney know of the special reason we're travelling, and maybe do a room location request. Is it worth it to do a room location request? Any advice would be great! I've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge once about 20 years ago (!), so any and all advice that I can get is great :)

You should definitely ask the owner to submit your request for a deep room clean, due to allergies, whether or not you decide to request a location.

From what I understand, you contact the rental store and give them your request . They contact the owner to request it for you. Some please correct me if I’m wrong!
You have it correct from our experience. We just got back from a trip that was a mix of our own points and rented points, through DVC Rental Store... they were pretty explicit about making room requests through the owner even though we're members. The owner controls the reservation.

Agree with the comment that DVC room location requests are very hit and miss. I believe they try to accommodate some, but we've been 50-50 on our requests.

I've never heard of the 'deep-room cleaning' request. Is that actually offered at DVC locations? Hoping to learn something new here!

The advice noted here is correct related to the owner being in control of the room and associated requests prior to your arrival.

Depending on your arrival time, I do believe that you could also potentially make this request at the front desk on the day of your arrival. While, it might take some additional time to have access to your room, Disney generally does quite a bit to accommodate the health and well-being of its guests even on the DVC side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter