• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DVC Services - Flights

spm23

Mouseketeer
We have recently signed up to Saratoga Springs and when we were thinking about it, DVC said they could organise flights etc.

As we will be travellig peak times, does anyone know what the service is like and who they use, and whether they get good discounts through their name/size?

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know - but I'd love to know the answer too!

It could save a lot of hassle this end if DVC were able to find good rates for flights for us, wouldn't it?

I'd always just assumed that that was a sevice for the US members - I'll be watching this thread with interest :)

Hi,
Never followed this up as our Guide said in his experience they weren't very competative on Trans-Atlantic flights.
I have to say I have yet to find a schedule flight only service (Virgin etc ) that can compete with a Fly drive package, assuming of course you intend to drive.

Mick.

:smooth:

Thanks,

That has answered my question about fly drive vs flights. I was looking at what would be cheaper and I think you are right about fly drives, seems a little perverse but all in the deal I suppose.

I am a member (AT BOARDWALK)who happens to own a travel agency.Most scheduled airfares tend to be cheaper in the country of outward travel most airlines will only allow ticketing in that country and here lies the problem with member services they are unwilling or at least unshure and so will not issue tickets for travel from the U.K.This is also similar for carhire its always been cheaper to rent in the U.K and pre pay, than pay in Orlando.I hope this helps. IAN

In my experience of inquiring about services offered by member services (car hire etc) they have shown to be VERY expensive compared to what's available if you shop around yourself, coupled with what Ian said about flight bought from your country of origin I don't think there is any way they will prove to be cheaper, but ya never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter