DVC Sliders?

Someone asked above, but I didn't see a reply yet... Anyone know if these are also for lowly "white card" resale owners? Or only for the Blues?

I don't think we have gotten any reports of anyone being turned away yet...so, its unclear. I will be going down Saturday and will specifically ask if it requires you to be eligible members. We are, but we shall see what they say!

I don't think we have gotten any reports of anyone being turned away yet...so, its unclear. I will be going down Saturday and will specifically ask if it requires you to be eligible members. We are, but we shall see what they say!
Also ask about guide name, please. I'd have to look for a name . Of course our trip isn't for 10 weeks. DVC will probably run out in 9 weeks

They always ask you for your guide's name and your telephone number.

Not always. I wasn't asked for a guides name. I was asked for my phone number even though I had my phone ready to show my DVC info on the app.

And, edited to add, I see one listing for the 2023 model on Ebay for $25 or best offer. There are many offers for the previous model, which I have a bunch off. Are people actually buying this stuff? There's little chance that I will actually wear the slider. I barely wore my magic band this time around as they made me a card since when I arrived I couldn't find my MB in my luggage until after unpacking. The card was more comfortable for me instead of trying to twist my arm to hit the right spot with the MB.

Last edited:
They will not ask members to provide the name of their DVC guide in order to obtain sliders. Phone / email / Photo ID are requested to verify identity. After reviewing the record, the CMs will probably provide the name of current guide and make brief small talk ("have you spoken to him/her lately"..."any questions about our current offers", etc.)

It is a way for you to go to a DVC table while on property. "maybe' buy more points.
Give members something that are at the parks/DS.
Reward members in Orl or DL.
Mailing would be an expense for members.

Sounds good -- I'll be there Monday, so I'll also give it a go. :)

And, edited to add, I see one listing for the 2023 model on Ebay for $25 or best offer. There are many offers for the previous model, which I have a bunch off. Are people actually buying this stuff? There's little chance that I will actually wear the slider. I barely wore my magic band this time around as they made me a card since when I arrived I couldn't find my MB in my luggage until after unpacking. The card was more comfortable for me instead of trying to twist my arm to hit the right spot with the MB.

Sold auctions on EBay show that these are going for around $23-$25 (including shipping).

They will not ask members to provide the name of their DVC guide in order to obtain sliders. Phone / email / Photo ID are requested to verify identity. After reviewing the record, the CMs will probably provide the name of current guide and make brief small talk ("have you spoken to him/her lately"..."any questions about our current offers", etc.)

It is a way for you to go to a DVC table while on property. "maybe' buy more points.
Give members something that are at the parks/DS.
Reward members in Orl or DL.
Mailing would be an expense for members.
Yup. My husband only had to give my phone number to get the sliders. And now I've gotten an email about an upcoming call with a DVC rep.

Interesting theory, but my guide's name was one of the two questions I was asked in AK on Sunday. I was NOT asked to show ID, give a phone number, scan a MB, etc. So what will happen when you go ask for a slider will vary depending on who happens to be working, I guess.

Interesting theory, but my guide's name was one of the two questions I was asked in AK on Sunday. I was NOT asked to show ID, give a phone number, scan a MB, etc. So what will happen when you go ask for a slider will vary depending on who happens to be working, I guess.
I have no idea why specific reps are doing what they are doing. But reps should not be declining to pass out a slider if you cannot name your current DVC guide off the top of your head.

Not always. I wasn't asked for a guides name. I was asked for my phone number even though I had my phone ready to show my DVC info on the app.

I should have said we're always asked for our phone number, and often our guide's name (but more conversationally). The latter definitely isn't close to 100% of the time, but the former has been asked every time I've approached a kiosk to get a tour or a button, sticker, or magnet.

I was unclear, and I apologize. I meant that we are asked 100% of the time for our phoner number, and often who our guide is, but usually in a more of a casual conversational way.

Last edited:
I have no idea why specific reps are doing what they are doing. But reps should not be declining to pass out a slider if you cannot name your current DVC guide off the top of your head.
I would fail this test. I've never established a relationship with my guide(s).

My assigned guide was the guide who did a phone tour for us over a year before we bought. Then we bought in person at the Poly from someone else entirely and whose name I have completely forgotten (we weren't entirely planning to buy that day). We then added on points by calling the number and using the random guide that answered the phone, another name I've forgotten. And since then our original assigned guide left DVC and we were assigned a new guide when I called to add-on more points a few months ago (coincidentally, happened to be the guide who picked up the phone). I'm not going to reliably remember the name of this new guide unless I interact with him more.

I would fail this test. I've never established a relationship with my guide(s).

My assigned guide was the guide who did a phone tour for us over a year before we bought. Then we bought in person at the Poly from someone else entirely and whose name I have completely forgotten (we weren't entirely planning to buy that day). We then added on points by calling the number and using the random guide that answered the phone, another name I've forgotten. And since then our original assigned guide left DVC and we were assigned a new guide when I called to add-on more points a few months ago (coincidentally, happened to be the guide who picked up the phone). I'm not going to reliably remember the name of this new guide unless I interact with him more.
I would fail too. I have no idea who our guide is. Years ago I knew our guides name because he’d call us annually with a reminder of our banking deadline. Then we got a new guide and haven’t received a phone call since. I actually think the guide changed again at least once since the second one.

We stopped at the Poly DVC kiosk and picked up our sliders. We also received a magnet. I’m not sure if these are new or not. Our test questions were just name, phone #, and address.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We stopped at the Poly DVC kiosk and picked our sliders. We also received a magnet. I’m not sure if these are new or not. Our test questions were just name, phone #, and address.
I received a magnet in November. The CM saw my DVC purse and offered it. I was not asked any questions.

Im seeing reports that they’re available at DVC kiosks. They’re a new colour now (teal with white text? Instead of white and blue.)

Some reports are only available at resorts. One report is at MK DVC kiosk. Who knows. I’ll try my luck in March.
I just got two (we’re both members) at the DVC booth near the entrance to the Canada pavilion; I think each booth has limited supplies.

9CE3F782-1003-49A0-AE5B-E08CF8EF91CF.jpeg

Score! Preview Center at VGC. Just asked if I was a member, nothing else. Did confirm they were sent limited supplies and could only give out 2 per request. As an aside, California was not sent any magnets.

Guessing that will change when the VDH tower goes on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter