• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Sliders?

Asked at Riviera yesterday and the CM told me “more were on the way” but DVC ordered “40,000 sliders for 300,000 members”. Nothing at Beach Club or Boardwalk either.

Asked at Riviera yesterday and the CM told me “more were on the way” but DVC ordered “40,000 sliders for 300,000 members”. Nothing at Beach Club or Boardwalk either.
Try Disney Springs just past the Ghiradelli shop.

Checked at 3 different Disney Vacation Club desks today. Totally out. I did get 2 magnets. None of them offered up the slap bracelets that some have posted as receiving

Ok I had no idea members get free stuff if they walk up to a kiosk. What do you say? "I'm a member, do you have anything free?" Genuinely asking how you a approach it 😂

Ok I had no idea members get free stuff if they walk up to a kiosk. What do you say? "I'm a member, do you have anything free?" Genuinely asking how you a approach it 😂
“ Hello, I heard that you may have some magic band sliders or slap brackets available for members.”

Checked at 3 different Disney Vacation Club desks today. Totally out. I did get 2 magnets. None of them offered up the slap bracelets that some have posted as receiving

When I was there a few weeks ago, the one sales person said that the slap bracelets were sent back and no one had them…didn’t say way…we did ask a few other places and they just said they were out.

Last edited:
The Slap bracelets were a joke. They were really cheaply made. I would have prefered the Slider but the Bracelets were all they had when I asked at VGC. I think someone else posted they had the sliders back in CA the day after I left. Hopefully I can get the sliders at WDW when I'm there next month.

The Slap bracelets were a joke. They were really cheaply made. I would have prefered the Slider but the Bracelets were all they had when I asked at VGC. I think someone else posted they had the sliders back in CA the day after I left. Hopefully I can get the sliders at WDW when I'm there next month.

Maybe that is why they were sent back…once they got them DVC realized how crappy they were.

We received the slap bracelets on 3/19. I had heard while still there that they had stopped giving them out.

We asked at HS a few days ago about sliders. Asked for phone number. Gave us two. We have our grown kids on the contract too but I'm guessing since they have different phone numbers........ But I wonder if our DD went, would she get one or six for her whole family (which would be with her).

We asked at HS a few days ago about sliders. Asked for phone number. Gave us two. We have our grown kids on the contract too but I'm guessing since they have different phone numbers........ But I wonder if our DD went, would she get one or six for her whole family (which would be with her).
Where did you go at HS? I’m heading there this weekend and would love to get the sliders.

Note:

Sliders are limited to 2 per member family. I received 2 and when I politely asked for a third, was told no.
_______

Does anyone know what info comes up after they ask for your phone number? Is it because they consider it being a "sales presentation?"

I talked to a guide/rep where he brought up my info. Later in the trip I talked to a rep at another property and when they asked for my phone number there was an issue-- she asked a colleague for help who said "He wasnt logged out from the last session."

Just got ours this morning at Jambo House with a member magnet!
We talked to people at kidani and got magnets, two buttons for California dvc, (left them in room) and a notepad. CM acted like “ quick put that away, I’ll get in trouble if they see I gave you a notepad”. Now if they gave away a pen with that, it would be like the old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter