*DVC Sold Out* DVC and/or AP will be given sneak peak of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

I never got the email till 9:14am this morning! We will be there in middle May! SO irritated about Disney right now! We got into preview of Star Wars with an email a few years ago, got into Pandora preview a few years ago with email.. Today-late! And of course I logged into the queue line, to NO AVAIL!!! Need to announce it 1-2 days out about an email, and then state the time and website you log in!!

Not sure if it works the same as dining reservations or not but thought I would post here first anyway. We have DVC preview for Monday, May 9, 2:30-3 for 2 people. However our DD has school obligations that we need to be at so at so we need to cancel it. I will give it a few minutes and cancel it. I would love it if it would help a fellow Dis member. I will cancel it tonight at 8:45 Central time.

Does anyone know if you can contact Disney to confirm a reservation? We got in but never got a confirmation email.

I tried to cancel and they said I can cancel after 12pm Eastern tomorrow so if people missed out may be worth trying then. I’m sure I’m not the only one that had to plan on the fly with only 10 minute notice of the exact dates

DVC and AP here, I didn’t get an email at all and kept refreshing the AP link but it never changed which is so odd, so I was unaware that signups had even happened until after work when I saw the thread title change :(. So gutted as I will be there on a solo trip exactly on those dates.

Has anyone ever had any luck calling MS to check for cancellations and possibly register at a later date that way?

Does anyone know if you can contact Disney to confirm a reservation? We got in but never got a confirmation email.
I did this yesterday through the AP line (waited 3 hours for someone to take my call) and the CM I spoke to said they have no way of seeing whether you have a preview spot or not (this applies to both AP and DVC). They also said it's completely random who gets emails and who doesn't. I know Disney doesn't tell CMs anything but that is the response I received.

Now I'm wondering if I miss-typed my email address in my haste. They had an old email address automatically inserted and I had to correct it.
I never got the email till 9:14am this morning! We will be there in middle May! SO irritated about Disney right now! We got into preview of Star Wars with an email a few years ago, got into Pandora preview a few years ago with email.. Today-late! And of course I logged into the queue line, to NO AVAIL!!! Need to announce it 1-2 days out about an email, and then state the time and website you log in!!
What days are you there?

DVC and AP here, I didn’t get an email at all and kept refreshing the AP link but it never changed which is so odd, so I was unaware that signups had even happened until after work when I saw the thread title change :(. So gutted as I will be there on a solo trip exactly on those dates.

Has anyone ever had any luck calling MS to check for cancellations and possibly register at a later date that way?
What dates are you in Disney?

Does anyone think that more reservation dates may still be coming out for members with confirmed room reservations?
RRR

Does anyone think that more reservation dates may still be coming out for members with confirmed room reservations?
RRR
I'm inclined to say No.

The CM previews are in late April and early May. AP previews run May 8-10, 15, 16, 18-21. There will be a media day in there somewhere and then a few cold openings before the official opening on May 27. I just don't foresee them adding more DVC days.

What is a "cold opening?"
That's when a new attraction is opening soon and they open it up to the general public (without announcing it) to allow the CMs to experience a typical crowd in the queues. Soft openings tend to be short-lived (only a couple of hours) and only the number of guests that the attraction is expected to handle in that time period will be accepted into the queue.

Soft openings are not a guaranteed thing. There never was a soft opening for Ratatouille but that is the same attraction that exists in DLP so there was enough empirical data to know how the ride and queue lined would function. GotG is a brand new attraction, so there could be soft openings during the week leading up to the official opening of May 27.

The advantage for running soft openings is that Disney can "work out the kinks" while not making any promises that a guest will actually get to ride. It's a lot better than just throwing the queue lines open and refunding ILL$ when the inevitable snafu happens.

I will be there may 12-23, with park hoppers. any suggestions for how to look for this cold opening opportunity while I am there, in case of a small miracle? just keep popping over there as much as possible?

I will be there may 12-23, with park hoppers. any suggestions for how to look for this cold opening opportunity while I am there, in case of a small miracle? just keep popping over there as much as possible?
I would not expect to experience a soft opening (also called a cold opening) on any day when other previews have been scheduled. Nor would I expect any soft openings prior to the official media event. As a point of reference, Ratatouille's media event was held on Sept 29 with the official opening on October 1.

TBH, I think that being able to experience a soft opening is just serendipity. You just happen to be in the right place at the right time. And there are no guarantees that there will even be a soft opening for GotG, so why waste your time hopping over to Epcot and hanging out near the attraction entrance?

My spouse and I did not coordinate while at the office, so we ended up with two different sneak peak times using two different DVC numbers.

Any idea if we will be allowed to use both?

My spouse and I did not coordinate while at the office, so we ended up with two different sneak peak times using two different DVC numbers.

Any idea if we will be allowed to use both?
Sounds like you took away a reservation from someone like me who now has none.

RRR

I would not expect to experience a soft opening (also called a cold opening) on any day when other previews have been scheduled. Nor would I expect any soft openings prior to the official media event. As a point of reference, Ratatouille's media event was held on Sept 29 with the official opening on October 1.

TBH, I think that being able to experience a soft opening is just serendipity. You just happen to be in the right place at the right time. And there are no guarantees that there will even be a soft opening for GotG, so why waste your time hopping over to Epcot and hanging out near the attraction entrance?
Thanks for the helpful info.
Yes, I would not hop there/waste time and effort just in the hopes of scoring this. But we will have multiple epcot half days across a 10 day trip, so I would go out of my way to go by there when in the park if there was a chance. Just figured I would gather up as much info as I could about the possibility.

I was given passes for the Remy preview by a cast member while hanging out in the dvc lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter