DVC stay but no ticked purchased yet.....

I get that. I know that. It is said 4 million times a week on here but it’s in Disney by Disney. Come on. Seriously. Just like they should take care of thier locals. Pass holders or not.
Frankly, both DVC and APs are less jolly cashflow for the company than the people buying packages with tickets, and they've been bleeding money. I'm not surprised by the prioritization.

I can see why you'd feel that way, but park access isn't a perk of DVC and they don't have any special "dibs" on park access. You bought into real estate, and even though they dangle the carrot of park access, it's literally just the real estate that owners are entitled to. And EVERY group that spends a sizeable amount at Disney (DVC owners, UK travelers, AP holders, etc) has a reason why THEY should be guaranteed park access over other guests.
That's ridiculous. To paraphrase someone who posted on a similar postof mine - Without the parks, DVC would be worth a dollar on e-Bay. The parks are featured in every piece of promotional material. Please don't stir the pot when people are already feeling general angst.

Ticket sales are reopening "later this summer" - not sure whether that means August or September, but I'm sure it's dependent on how booked the park reservations get after the existing reservation + ticket folks have reserved their park days. The best we can do is keep checking the updates for when new tickets can be purchased.

I wrote an email to DVC. We can call and email DVC expressing our disappointment. (please, please, please don't write them email that they are separate entities - yes, we all know but not really). We ahould keep this thread up so once we receive inofmration it is all in one place.

That's ridiculous. To paraphrase someone who posted on a similar postof mine - Without the parks, DVC would be worth a dollar on e-Bay. The parks are featured in every piece of promotional material. Please don't stir the pot when people are already feeling general angst.
Exactly. Like anyone would actually buy DVC without the parks. They would buy a timeshare for quarter the price elsewhere in Florida. Not one person here can say they bought it and the parks had zero to do with it.

I wrote an email to DVC. We can call and email DVC expressing our disappointment. (please, please, please don't write them email that they are separate entities - yes, we all know but not really). We ahould keep this thread up so once we receive inofmration it is all in one place.
What email address did you use?

That was me and I stand by what I said 100%. And I'm in the same position and I'm not a happy DVC'er either right now.

They have to open sales up to us sooner. What about the 11 mth window people trying to book. I have a Jan trip booked. And my 11 mth window for next June is coming up.

2021 tickets go on sale on the 24th according to the Disney website.

It is the 2020 ticket sales that have no set date. I will say, based on not getting booked up at all, I have a feeling they may go on sale sooner than people think.

I agree with others still confused on tickets. We are DVC owners so why do I necessarily have to wait or buy tickets from Disney? Can't we just buy on our own and link like we have done in past? Are all ticket sale options closed across all the vendors? I don't get the whole Disney opens ticket sales June 28 for 2021. Odd to me maybe I just don't get it.

I agree with others still confused on tickets. We are DVC owners so why do I necessarily have to wait or buy tickets from Disney? Can't we just buy on our own and link like we have done in past? Are all ticket sale options closed across all the vendors? I don't get the whole Disney opens ticket sales June 28 for 2021. Odd to me maybe I just don't get it.

All vendors are shut down. You can’t get tickets from anywhere right now,

Some of the 3rd parties sold for about 4 days after Disney announced on May 28th...I got 2 for my DD and her BF..but now, no one will sell you them.

Even worse are those parents (not my situation) where the parents may have AP's, but not the kids. Or Vice-Versa. Really, Disney? You want the 5 year old kid to stay in the room while Mommy and Daddy go into the park? I mean it sounds kinda fun when you put it that way, but....

I had the same problem yesterday (fixed now). We bought our 4yo an AP off-cycle when she turned 3, and we hadn't gotten a ticket for her yet. Then I magically found a 5-day NE ticket and linked it, and a friend transferred one she had that was unused. For a time, she was able to book 7-10 days of park reservations while the rest of us only could get 3 (unexpired AP, bug fixed last night). So I had my 4yo going all over the place while the rest of us enjoyed a resort-only stay. 🤣

As I understand it, only tickets for 2021 go on sales June 28th. Tickets for 2020 "May" go on sale "Later this summer". Meaning those of us with resort stays but no tickets may not even have the opportunity to purchase tickets this year.

As I understand it, only tickets for 2021 go on sales June 28th. Tickets for 2020 "May" go on sale "Later this summer". Meaning those of us with resort stays but no tickets may not even have the opportunity to purchase tickets this year.

Thanks! I have a stay booked for January 2021, and thought I had to wait until "later this summer". Now I'll start looking next week.

The added frustrating thing is those of us (like me) who have family members WITH valid AP's and some without. My SO / travelling partner has her AP. However, mine expired just before the pandemic since we were on different schedules due to a business trip. So she has parks reserved. But I may not be able to get into the same park?

Even worse are those parents (not my situation) where the parents may have AP's, but not the kids. Or Vice-Versa. Really, Disney? You want the 5 year old kid to stay in the room while Mommy and Daddy go into the park? I mean it sounds kinda fun when you put it that way, but....

I am not sure of a better way for them to have handled this. I get why they did it this way. It's just.... frustrating.

This exact situation is HORRIBLE and could be avoided by just letting all room holders make park reservations.

This is beyond unfair....what about people traveling in July and August!! No chance for tickets....how can we get flights and things if we don't know if we can even get park reservations or tickets for October...

This situation is unacceptable for DVC owners....Disney needs to hear from you. How did DVC members go from Disney's most important guests to the ones they screw over the most?

I can see why you'd feel that way, but park access isn't a perk of DVC and they don't have any special "dibs" on park access. You bought into real estate, and even though they dangle the carrot of park access, it's literally just the real estate that owners are entitled to. And EVERY group that spends a sizeable amount at Disney (DVC owners, UK travelers, AP holders, etc) has a reason why THEY should be guaranteed park access over other guests.

It has nothing to do with which group is entitled to more. Disney make a fortune off of selling DVC. If DVC owners are suddenly cut off from park access, Disney might as well shut down DVC sales. Disney should be giving DVC owners better access because it is in their own best interest. Disney doesn't put on Midnight Madness events because they like current owners, they do it a a marketing ploy to entice people to buy direct contracts.

It has nothing to do with which group is entitled to more. Disney make a fortune off of selling DVC. If DVC owners are suddenly cut off from park access, Disney might as well shut down DVC sales. Disney should be giving DVC owners better access because it is in their own best interest. Disney doesn't put on Midnight Madness events because they like current owners, they do it a a marketing ploy to entice people to buy direct contracts.

I agree. I'm not a DVC owner as of now. We are renting in September, and I was hoping to sell my hubby on the idea of buying into DVC. Let me say, it most definitely is not a selling point that in opening after this crisis, DVC has been left out to dry in this way. If we end up there with no tickets to get into the parks, I can just kiss any chance of buying in goodbye. It's not a good look on Disney's part.

This situation is unacceptable for DVC owners....Disney needs to hear from you.

I guess I fall under the "Disney is aware of the problem". They see the social media posts. A number of fellow DVC members have contacted them already. On the Fb groups I am in, people indicate they have already called, complained, emailed, etc. Adding my voice as just another "complainer" doesn't really make a difference at this point. The die has been cast.

I am going to AKV. If I can get into the park,s then into the parks I shall go. If I cannot, then I will lazy about, watch the animals, enjoy the safari, talk to the CM's (from 6 feet away) about their homeland and how it differs from ours, and meet other DVC members, or potential DVC members who are interested in DVC. Worst case scenario, maybe I make a new friend with similar interests (since we already share an interest in Disney in common).

I am going to AKV. If I can get into the park,s then into the parks I shall go. If I cannot, then I will lazy about, watch the animals, enjoy the safari, talk to the CM's (from 6 feet away) about their homeland and how it differs from ours, and meet other DVC members, or potential DVC members who are interested in DVC. Worst case scenario, maybe I make a new friend with similar interests (since we already share an interest in Disney in common).
actually, not the worst case scenario. It’s crossed my mind that if there are many who cannot purchase tix and decide to stay at the resorts, the common amenities may be overload and restrictions put into place. Hope i’m Wrong as we have two upcoming trips planned there and no tix for one person.

I am very glad that, especially at AKVJ, they are forbidding those without dining ADRs to currently visit. That should help cull the herd of non-guests milling about the resort.

actually, not the worst case scenario. It’s crossed my mind that if there are many who cannot purchase tix and decide to stay at the resorts, the common amenities may be overload and restrictions put into place. Hope i’m Wrong as we have two upcoming trips planned there and no tix for one person.

I am very glad that, especially at AKVJ, they are forbidding those without dining ADRs to currently visit. That should help cull the herd of non-guests milling about the resort.

Not sure.... Kinda is. I mean short of a hurricane, Disney can't really lock you in your room. You have to be able to go somewhere. I would see lawsuits a plenty if they said "you can come book a resort for $400+, but you are restricted from leaving your room or going anywhere".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter