• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Tour - Saratoga, right?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to do an official DVC info session/tour next week. I'm staying at a DS hotel. I'm assuming I would do the tour at Saratoga Springs, right? I can tour without my family, right? I'm heading down solo and not going to parks this trip so I can finally fit it in.

Where are you interested in buying? If it's Copper Creek, then SS is the right place to go. They have a model set up. You can go solo. And at the end of the tour, you get free ice cream :)

When we scheduled our tour, we specifically requested to tour AKV because we knew that's where we wanted to buy (resale) and just wanted confirmation that it's right for us. We went as a family, but it's not necessary and probabaly much easier and quicker solo.

I'm hoping to do an official DVC info session/tour next week. I'm staying at a DS hotel. I'm assuming I would do the tour at Saratoga Springs, right? I can tour without my family, right? I'm heading down solo and not going to parks this trip so I can finally fit it in.

SSR is the main sales center and has a kids club if you have kids 3- 12 y.o. It would be the closest sales office to your hotel. Okay, well, there is a sales office IN Disney Springs now too. :cutie:

There are small sales offices at Kidani, Polynesian, Copper Creek and Boardwalk (did I forget any?).

If you have a preference on location, tell the person that's booking the tour for you. For best choice of time and location I would book a day or 2 in advance.

Yes, you CAN tour by yourself, but it is highly recommended that both spouses/partners tour. Of course if you're going solo, that can't happen. :D

SS is the right place to go

Saratoga Springs Preview Center will always have models of the current resort villas that are actively selling. Right now I believe that should make it CCVC, Poly and an Aulani 1 bedroom as for model rooms.

Oh, I see. I thought for some reason there was a space at SSR that showed ALL DVC models. We are only interested in 1 bedrooms that sleep 5. We have stayed at BLT and AKV - so we understand those 1 bedrooms - does CCVC sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom? (I don't totally know all the lingo so not totally sure what I'm talking about yet) But I would want to see BC. I saw BWV one at the sales center on the Boardwalk.

We did our info session at CCV in a repurposed villa since that was where we were staying. It was great to be able to walk through all the room types except for the grand villa (loved seeing the cabin!) since we were on property. If you just want to do the official tour and are not particularly interested in seeing everything at CCV, then the SSR Preview Center would be the place to go. We did end up going there later during our trip on a DS day just out of interest and it was fun to see models of multiple resorts (they only have a few available at any given time).

Oh, I see. I thought for some reason there was a space at SSR that showed ALL DVC models.

You are correct that the SSR Preview Center will definitely have the most models. Sorry if I confused you on that. :o

The 1 bedrooms at CCVC do not sleep 5. Unless the 5th person is under 3 y.o.

Oh, I see. I thought for some reason there was a space at SSR that showed ALL DVC models. We are only interested in 1 bedrooms that sleep 5. We have stayed at BLT and AKV - so we understand those 1 bedrooms - does CCVC sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom? (I don't totally know all the lingo so not totally sure what I'm talking about yet) But I would want to see BC. I saw BWV one at the sales center on the Boardwalk.

CCV only allows 4 people plus one under the age of three. It is not like boardwalk villas or beach club that allow you to book 5 over the age of three although both of those places only have sleeping spaces for four. Since you've seen boardwalk there really isn't too much of a difference to beach club. Just a little different decor and that you can see online. There are no models for it. The main difference between boardwalk villas and beach club villas are in the resort themselves. And also having standard view and boardwalk view categorie options at boardwalk.

Ok. Well I’m all set up for a tour. I’m going to uber it right from the airport so I can get it done.

I’ve been talking with a rep for about two years. Do you think this tour is really necessary?

Also, I have heard of incentives for doing the tour (FPs or gift cards). Is that common, would I have to ask, or it’s just offered?

I’ll search the boards too, but I just saw an article about DVC being hard to book at 7 months. I’ll have to look into that more.

We got 3 free FP per person (4 in our family) and $100 gift card when we went this last December ... they offered the fast passes and $50 we chatted and said make it a $100 and we will sign up.. this was at a kiosk in Epcot

I’ve been talking with a rep for about two years. Do you think this tour is really necessary?

I hope you have set up to tour with the person you have been talking with for 2 years. Most of the folks available by phone can do tours in person. It's always nice to actually meet the person you've been dealing with. :cutie: Out of curiosity, who booked your tour for you? The guide you've been talking with?

hey offered the fast passes and $50 we chatted and said make it a $100 and we will sign up.

FP should be available for any persons that actually do the tour at 3 each as mentioned. They are good that day plus 3 days, then expire. As for someone randomly "upping" a tour incentive from $50 to $100, that is against rules. So, KCMA must have been eligible for that amount or it would not have been offered. Just FYI. Certain deluxe and moderate tours are eligible for gift cards IF they are booked at least a day in advance.

You are correct that the SSR Preview Center will definitely have the most models.

You were right first that they have the currently selling models there. Which isn’t most. They had cc, poly, and aulani in February.

I tagged along with my cousin and it was fun. Got breakfast first, watched the movie, got the talk, got the tour, got the talk (and the guide barely lied at all, though she might have stopped herself from it bc I was there).

In your two years of research, you’re sure that buying direct is the way you want to go?

Also, I have heard of incentives for doing the tour (FPs or gift cards). Is that common, would I have to ask, or it’s just offered?

I believe it has to be offered. I bet you’ll get ice cream, though. They have the parlor right there at the center.

I believe that the three fo+ are aytomatic for doing the tour. the gc is by iffer only and they give u an email verifying it.

we did the tour on Thanksgiving last year - they started out at 50.00 for a gc, but then we told them we were staying on property and upped it to 100. it wasnt something we were planning to do, but since we didnt have anything planned, and 3 free fp plus the extra 100 - the hr was worth it to us.

Given my situation (not going to the parks this trip), will they offer me a gift card? Tying to avoid any awkwardness while there.

I have two family members who have bought multiple contracts re sale so they are guiding me there. But I just want to go there, in person, and learn even more. While I have had a good number of conversations over the past two years, going in person just seems like something I need to do in order to make the best decision.

On a side note, we rack up a lot of Marriott points and book Swolphin for “free.” So my husband is super resistant to buying into DVC. I need to do this for myself.

will they offer me a gift card?

Who booked your tour for you? Was it someone at one of the many kiosks around WDW property? Most of the time they can offer gift cards to those staying in a Disney hotel. I do not know if the hotels in the Disney Springs area will have the same incentive to tour or not. You really should talk to whomever booked your tour for you to be sure. :-)

Who booked your tour for you? Was it someone at one of the many kiosks around WDW property? Most of the time they can offer gift cards to those staying in a Disney hotel. I do not know if the hotels in the Disney Springs area will have the same incentive to tour or not. You really should talk to whomever booked your tour for you to be sure. :-)
I filled out the online request and a customer service rep called me back. Didn’t get his name.

I filled out the online request and a customer service rep called me back. Didn’t get his name.

Ohh... then it was likely someone in telesales department. They usually cannot offer gift cards, just the folks at the kiosks most of the time. :sad1: If you are out running around and see a DVC kiosk, maybe stop and talk to one of those folks and see if the hotel you're staying at is even eligible right now for a gift card as it might all be a moot point. Sorry. :oops:

Given my situation (not going to the parks this trip), will they offer me a gift card? Tying to avoid any awkwardness while there.

I have two family members who have bought multiple contracts re sale so they are guiding me there. But I just want to go there, in person, and learn even more. While I have had a good number of conversations over the past two years, going in person just seems like something I need to do in order to make the best decision.

On a side note, we rack up a lot of Marriott points and book Swolphin for “free.” So my husband is super resistant to buying into DVC. I need to do this for myself.

I just have to say that there are enough reports from people who have done on site tours and have been given a sad amount of misinformation. If there are things that conflict or raise a question in your mind to verify either with your friends or feel free to ask questions here. Honestly, in my opinion you will not get the best information from an on site tour but you will be able to see a couple of the rooms. It's not to say that there aren't guides who are very forthright and knowledgeable but DVC does have some of "those timeshare sales people "within its ranks. Just an FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter