• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Twins Thread!

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Okay, who here is the proud wrangler of a set of twins? Id/Fr, Genders, Approx ages? Would love to hear twin experiences! One of the reasons we took the plunge is that we know we'll practically immediately need more space than the average new family, and this way we can put the sleeping babies in the other room with a monitor and maybe sleep ourselves!

We have identical girls who will be turning one right around labor day, and we're taking them to WDW for their bday--two nights in SSR and two in BWV.

Recent trip to the zoo made me aware that you can't take the double strollers on trams. I assume this holds true for monorail and boats? Does this make having just one parent take the kids to the parks impractical?

Anyone have recommendations of extras to request other than an additional pack & play and high chair? Or how close to their 12th birthday to list them for adoption? (just kidding :))

DVC twin families unite!

I am the proud mum of twins--boy and girl. We will celebrate their fourth birthdays down at WDW in September. I love this thread. You will have a great time with DVC. The kitchens and laundry are a godsend. We always rent a car, so the stroller is not an issue. We do however always walk from the car to the gates, bypassing the trams. It's quicker and easier. You will be able to take the twins into the parks on your own. I would suggest TAble Service meals for those times though, as wrangling the twins, your food, condiments, etc plus finding a table is tricky. They will bring you extra high chairs, pack and plays etc when you request them.

Yup, it's why we bought DVC. We have identical twin girls (age 14) and a DS that's just 2 years older. Our first WDW onsite trip (at POR in 2005) was tight in a regular room and renting 2 rooms would cost :scared1:. So, we started DVC-ing, in 2006, with a 1BR and now need to book a 2BR (for the extra bathroom and to separate the boy from the girls so there's not too much bickering). We didn't do WDW until our twins were 4 (in 2003...we stayed off-site that trip) and we did not take a stroller. There was a lot of whining about all the walking...let me tell you. But, our recent trip (in January) we were getting on the bus with a family with 1 year old (about) twins and another child about 3. The twins were asleep in the stroller...the older kid, who was also in a stroller, was awake. It was a bit of a job to get everyone on the bus. Mom got on with older kid and the dad folded up that stroller and put it on bus to go back out and transfer one sleeping twin to mom to hold and he held the other one while trying to fold up double stroller and drag that on bus. Reminded me of the olden days...LOL!

Great thread!!!

I'm a DVC owning twin mom too. My B/G twins turned 4 on July 2nd. They have already been to WDW 3x, their older brother is 10 has been 7x, so far.

We bought 200 pts at BCV resale last summer, after staying at SSR, to sort of try DVC on for size. March was our first trip "home"- and everyone got sick! Good thing about owning DVC, there will be plenty more trips to come.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

I am a proud Great Aunt of a set of 8 year old girls. We call them our little Alice in Wonderland. They have been to Disney 3 times. First trip was to celebrate their 1st BD. We were a group of 16 staying at SSR. They have so far stayed at AKV.BLT and BWV. DD and I are taking them in November for 9 days minus their mom and dad:woohoo: Cris and Cate will be 9 in December. They have a new baby sister that is getting a lot of attention(rightfully so) so we are taking them to Disney to give them a little spoiling and remind them how very special they are to us. We will be staying at BWV. We will be doing 1900 Park Fare breakfast along with Cape May breakfast and MVMCP. When they were little we always used two separate strollers. They travel well and we have had minimal melt downs along the way. Usually it was one of the grown ups I would have preferred sitting in a corner:rotfl2:. I am so excited for our trip in November. DD and I will be driving because I have a disabled son in a wheelchair and prefer not to fly with him. So C & C will be flying with one of Dson's caregivers who has a 9 year old girl and 8 year old boy also coming on this trip... Wow I bet all this info was a little more than you bargained for.... BTW the baby sister's name is Cheyenne and will be joining us on our next trip... Susan

My boys will be 15 in August. The first time we took them to Disney World they were 5. We stayed in one room in the Garden Wing at Contemporary. After sitting in a dark room for two hours for nap time, I knew there had to be a better way. We bought SSR and never looked back. We now also own at AKL and BLT. We have split our points into two contracts at every resort. That way we can give them evenly to the boys.

We sort of have twins...plus an extra. ;) I have triplet 9 year old daughters. Their first WDW trip was at Grand Floridian when they were 2. After that trip we were hooked!!! We own at BCV. Next trip scheduled for thanksgiving. :) We also have a surprise bonus son who will be 1 in a few short weeks! Traveling and life with multiples is a fun adventure!!

My boys will be 15 in August. The first time we took them to Disney World they were 5. We stayed in one room in the Garden Wing at Contemporary. After sitting in a dark room for two hours for nap time, I knew there had to be a better way. We bought SSR and never looked back. We now also own at AKL and BLT. We have split our points into two contracts at every resort. That way we can give them evenly to the boys.

We own OKW, HH and AKV. Our OKW is June UY and the others are Aug UY. My plan was to also divide the points up among my 3 kids and give them to them when they get married. We have 200 OKW and 125 HH (two 50 point contracts and a 25 point contract) and 100 AKV...so I don't know how to divide. I was thinking 200 at OKW for the girls to share and 100 at HH for the boy, but we went over that. I guess we'll need to add on some more :thumbsup2 .

We have identical twin boys that will be turning 14 in less than a month, as well as an 11 and 8 year old - all boys! We bought because we needed the extra space, especially with our group as no one can sit still for long. The 2 bdrm's are great for us because of all the room to spread out. We really liked the THV as then we really didn't have to worry about all the noise and running around.:rotfl2:Too bad the points went up! They all still love to go and our excited for our upcoming spring break trip that includes our first Disney cruise. You know they have the Disney bug when all they do when they are at other theme parks is point out all the things that are lacking when compared to WDW.

Boy/Girl fraternal twins.....25 1/2 yrs old.....DVC members and both have booked 20 trips now. We've covered all the DVC hotels and several moderates. Since moving on to their own lives, we no longer have our annual trips, but I'm sure once marriages and grandchildren come along, we'll start up the routine again :)

Identical mirror image twin boys who are six. Their first trip was when they were 2 years and 10 months. They now have several trips under their belt. Plus are now gold members on DCL:)

Here is their trips

HHI 4/29/10-5/1/10, AKLV 05/01/10-05/08/10 (Boys first trip), SSR 12/4/10-12/10/10,
WLV 4/22-4/28/11 & DCL DREAM 4/28/11-5/1/11,
HHI 8/22-8/28/11
ART OF ANIMATION 1/21-1/22
DCL DREAM 1/22-1/26/12 & BLT 1/26-1/29/12.
DCL MAGIC 6/15/12-6/17
DCL DREAM 8/5/12-8/10/12, BCV 10/3/12-10/9/12
DCL FANTASY 01/19/13-01/26/13,
WLV 8/2-8/8/13, DCL DREAM 8/8-8/11/13

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Girl/Boy twins, age 9, here!

They didn't go to WDW until they were 4, and we bought DVC when they were almost 6. However, we stayed in an Embassy Suites their first big trip (a work conference in Minneapolis) at 17 months. Having a separate room to put the kids down for naps was great!

We used 2 umbrella strollers with the connectors, as then 1 parent could push both when the other was at the conference, or we could each take 1 when we had something together. I believe you can put strollers on the monorail and the bigger boats, but they must be folded on the smaller boats and busses? At ages 4 and 5, we rented the double Disney stroller, but yours will be a little small for those this trip.

With having "one of each", we now appreciate the DVC options that sleep 5, because my kids don't like to share a bed anymore. We have BLT booked for our next trip, but we are eyeing a studio at VGF for the future.

Twins (and multiples in general) are awesome! :cool1:

Our girls are will be 11 on 9/2. They spent their first WDW trip on their 4th birthday week at POR - Mansions in 2006 with free dining. We brought their younger brother in 2007 and 2008 and stayed at POR - Alligator Bayou with free dining those years for their birthday again and MNSSHP. We planned to do another POR trip in 2009, but we bought at SSR and part of that deal was to stay at AKV (late buy close to our trip) 1BR SV.

We bought in as the DDP was getting less advantageous and as the years progressed the desire for more space was quite obvious. Joining DVC gave us as a family of 5 a way to vacation without going theme park commando and to relax and enjoy all the amenities at the resort, and the ability with a full kitchen to tend bar, make a meal or snack and enjoy being with our kids away from home a lot more than in a "cramped" moderate resort trying to schedule around dining reservations.

As for strollers, we had a McLaren side by side that we had no trouble getting on and off transportation (except for its weight). Also at the time we went the price of a park stroller for a week was the price you pay for a day now. MNSSHP at that time also gave you a free stroller so we did that as well. When we did free dining we did a ton of character meals that the kids either loved or one of my girls was deathly scared of them.

As parents we had no fear at Disney, we took the kids and ate anywhere we wanted including the California grill. The only thing we typically did was to make a dining ressie at the earliest time for dinner as the kids were typically ready for bed at 7pm. One of the things I would do is take one of the kids back to the park (usually only one wanted to go, different one each night) until close so I got some one on one time with each. If one could not stay up late I would take that one and do something special just with that child. For example, with my son who is an early riser (and our gift to the others would be more sleep), we would take a walk around the resort and do the arcade or go fishing in the early am.

Four year old boy/girl twins and an eight year old girl. We also bought dvc "because of" the twins. Well, at least that was our excuse. :)

Our 300 points goes a long way now, while they are small and a one bedroom is plenty. Five years in the future we likely will get addonitis so we can spread out more in a two bedroom for same travel frequency. Hopefully that timeline will merge with the Poly-which is where we preferred to stay when we were a family of three...

We are like the above parent who mentioned the Maclaren stroller. The twin triumph is a fantastic device. Only side by side that goes right through a standard doorway to my knowledge. Lightest twin stroller by far, and yet it is big enough that our twins still use it at 4 1/2 on really long walk days (Disney!!!). It is pricey but well worth it IMO.

Our frat b/b twins are five months old. We also have an eight year old son. I tried to get DH to buy into DVC a couple of years ago, but he was resistant. Now that we have twins, DH cant stand the thought of being crammed into a hotel room with 3 kids. I turned 40 this his past April, and a DVC contract was my birthday present!! Our first trip with the twins will be this October when they are 8 months old. We are staying in a Lion King Suite at Art of Animation. I'm currently in ROFR on my first DVC contract (AKV 200pts). I lost a BLT to the mouse last month. I have been going to Disney with my 8 year old son since he was 2.

RE: strollers, I have read on the Family boards that a lot of people use a Mini City Double stroller, and that is the one I am leaning towards. It is lightweight (26 lbs) and seems to have plenty of storage underneath which are the 2 most important things to me. I also have purchased an Ergo baby carrier to use while in Disney. It should be an interesting trip. Hopefully, it won't be a disaster. Otherwise, DH may never go back with us!!

We leave for Disney in early August for our first stay at OKW with our 5 little ones, the kicker is we have two sets of twins. The oldest twins have been there 5 times already and our middle child has been there twice, but this will be the first time with the whole clan. 6,6,3,6mnths,6mnths. God does have a sense of humor!!!

We have always traveled with our double stroller (citi mini) and ended buying a Minnie Mouse stroller at Walmart last time. It worked out perfectly.

We have twin DDs all grown up, and one DD has made us proud grandparents of two DGDs.:) So far our DDs have not outgrown WDW. :earsboy:

LOVE this thread!!!!
Thanks for posting it :)

We are the very proud parents of B/G twins, now 24 years old!!! Cannot believe how fast the time went.
DS did the college program during his college years and loved it. DD is now a school teacher. Both are busy working and moving forward with their own lives so our annual trips aren't annual anymore, but we've got a great trip booked in February with them and their significant others ;)

We didn't buy DVC until they were 11, but we starting going to Disney when they were 6. Therefore, I can't offer any advice on strollers or the like.
We always stayed in one bedrooms because having the kitchen for breakfast and the pull out with the TV for them when they were young was great! They loved hanging out in "bed" and watching Disney movies at the end of the day and we loved having the washer/dryer and kitchen.

We are now looking forward to being able to provide DVC vacations for them, their significant others, eventually spouses and God willing grandchildren!::yes::::yes::

We are very lucky to have had this in our lives and look forward to the future of belonging to DVC.

We were fortunate enough to be able to take our twin 2 1/2 year old (at that time) grandsons this past year. Had a great time, they enjoyed the small things...just strolling around looking at things, and they LOVED the Splash area at our resort (Kidani).

We rented a Mini City Double stroller from http://www.magicstrollers.com/about/ and loved it. We could wheel it through our resort room door, it folded very easily for hauling on buses (and we're not accustomed to strollers). It was waiting for us at Bell Services when we arrived and we dropped in off at Bell Services when we left, very easy.
Great times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter