DVC via RCI

lowlight

DIS Veteran
Quick question, I know cash bookings at villas that allow for 4 (i.e. studio at OKW sleeps 4) are capped at 4, but when I use my DVC points I can sleep 5. What happens if a stay is gifted through RCI? Is that treated as a cash stay, or a points stay in regards to sleeping 4/5 in a studio at OKW, when one of the 5 is under 3? Thank you for any answers.

Studios via DVC points at OKW are only 4 plus infant. I don’t believe you can ever sleep 5…so rule would be the same via trades. And DVc no longer trades via RCI…only II.

Studios via DVC points at OKW are only 4 plus infant. I don’t believe you can ever sleep 5…so rule would be the same via trades. And DVc no longer trades via RCI…only II.

Ah, that’s right, the under 3 doesn’t count, that’s why I was able to have 5. So let me make sure I have this right-

Booked on DVC points:

Studios that sleep 4- capped at 4 + 1 under 3

1 BR that sleeps 4- 5 is allowed but no sleeping surface provided for 5th

Booked on cash:

Studio- capped at 4 + 1 under 3

1 BR that sleeps 4- capped at 4

II is same as DVC points?

Thank you for clearing it up.

1 BR that sleeps 4- 5 is allowed but no sleeping surface provided for 5th
Some 1BR are capped at 4, for example CCV because the room is so small. I know BWV allows the 5th person, not sure about BCV or others. Hopefully other owners will chime in here. You should also be able to review the capacities on the DVC member website, although it’s been so long since I looked myself that it’s possible they’ve removed the notes saying a 5th person is allowed.

Oh, and to add the 5th person at BWV, you can book online for 4 but have to call MS to add the 5th.

Some 1BR are capped at 4, for example CCV because the room is so small. I know BWV allows the 5th person, not sure about BCV or others. Hopefully other owners will chime in here. You should also be able to review the capacities on the DVC member website, although it’s been so long since I looked myself that it’s possible they’ve removed the notes saying a 5th person is allowed.

Oh, and to add the 5th person at BWV, you can book online for 4 but have to call MS to add the 5th.

Ok it’s even more complicated than I originally thought!

Ok it’s even more complicated than I originally thought!
Yep, unfortunately! All has to do with not just room size but also configuration. At BWV the connecting door in the living room prevents adding the single Murphy under the TV, and the way the kitchen is configured also reduces floor space so there’s no room for a sleeper chair. In BLT, though, the 1BR living room has the sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair, so 5 can be booked there, no sleeping bag needed!

The 1BRs at the following WDW DVC Resorts have sleeping places for five and allow five plus an infant under three: BLT, VGF, Riviera, OKW, SSR, AKV (except value 1BRs that allow only 4 plus an infant under 3). For any those, you can book five via the online reservation system.

The following 1BRs have sleeping places for four and allow either (a) four plus an infant under three, or (b) any five total (but no sixth infant) and you need to provide your own sleeping items for the fifth (if other than an infant) and need to contact MS to make it five (other than an infant): BWV, BCV, BRV.

CCV allows only four plus an infant under three.

The new CFW resort with the 1BR cabins have sleeping places for, and will allow, 6, but I do not yet know what its rule will be if you want to add a seventh occupant that is under 3.

The 1BRs at the following WDW DVC Resorts have sleeping places for five and allow five plus an infant under three: BLT, VGF, Riviera, OKW, SSR, AKV (except value 1BRs that allow only 4 plus an infant under 3). For any those, you can book five via the online reservation system.

The following 1BRs have sleeping places for four and allow either (a) four plus an infant under three, or (b) any five total (but no sixth infant) and you need to provide your own sleeping items for the fifth (if other than an infant) and need to contact MS to make it five (other than an infant): BWV, BCV, BRV.

The new CFW resort with the 1BR cabins have sleeping places for, and will allow, 6, but I do not yet know what its rule will be if you want to add a seventh occupant that is under 3.

Excellent breakdown, thank you.

From what I understand is that during the SSR refurbishment, not all 1 bedrooms got the bed under the TV in the living room. I don't know how many didn't get this, I believe the number is pretty small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter