DVC vs Annual Pass Discounts

I once scored a 40% off lunch discount at Maria and Enzos using my DVC discount. The AP discount was 10% at the time.
Yeah, like I said, the differences are all third-party locations (Disney Springs and Swolphin), just like the merch discounts. 40% is impressive.

We’re DVC members already but when we travel from the UK we tend to come for a longer period of time. We also seem to get really well priced park tickets in the UK (c.£630 for 14 days inc park hopping, photo pass, waterparks…).

But we’re considering two trips within a year, one of which would be off property. That would mean £1,260 in park tickets if we buy the usual UK tickets. Even with a bit of discount here and there it wouldn’t get close to c.£850 for an Annual Pass. If that also can a few extra perks (like parking at the parks), that would be awesome.

We’re DVC members already but when we travel from the UK we tend to come for a longer period of time. We also seem to get really well priced park tickets in the UK (c.£630 for 14 days inc park hopping, photo pass, waterparks…).

But we’re considering two trips within a year, one of which would be off property. That would mean £1,260 in park tickets if we buy the usual UK tickets. Even with a bit of discount here and there it wouldn’t get close to c.£850 for an Annual Pass. If that also can a few extra perks (like parking at the parks), that would be awesome.
Can you upgrade your tickets?. Buy for your 1st trip..then upgrade to AP while there. Then maybe you can still get photo pass and waterparks for 1 trip?

Can you upgrade your tickets?. Buy for your 1st trip..then upgrade to AP while there. Then maybe you can still get photo pass and waterparks for 1 trip?
OO…I didn’t think of that! Great idea! I might call member services and check I can upgrade from uk tickets to an AP whilst there.

Does anyone know when the APs usually see price increases?

If that also can a few extra perks (like parking at the parks), that would be awesome.
Yes, APs do get free parking at the parks when staying offsite. Sounds like you wouldn’t need it for the first trip, staying onsite, so upgrading at the end might make sense. I’d do the math - whats the cost of water park tickets for the number of times you’re likely to use them over both trips? How about PhotoPass - would you want it for the second trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter