DVCers, how often do you vacation?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
I can't stop thinking about DVC and planning where I'll go!
I was wondering, how often does everyone vacation? Do most people vacation only once a year? (that hardly seems like enough ;) )
I think maybe I didn't buy enough points!:pinkbounc

Denise

We go for 2 years in a row (to make the best use of our annual passes) and then skip a year. We go for at least 2 - 3 weeks. I would love to go more often but it is a long and expensive plane flight from Oregon. :( Most people who live here go to Disneyland. I love Dland (I grew up in So. California and worked at Dland for 3 years) but WDW is the best vacation ever! :pinkbounc :pinkbounc
I would love to go to WDW many times every year and envy you East Coasters!:earsgirl:

Just joined last year and had first DVC stay in June but we have two other DVC trips planned within the next ten months. If we could, we would live there, but point limitations and times of year we can go (when kids are not in school) allow us only 14-16 nights in a studio. There can never be enough points. Never.

The first 2 years we went twice a year. But then we ran out of points.:mad:

We are now going once a year until we purchase more points.

With my job (teaching), long distance to travel (need airfare $) and kids activities, a week a year is about all we can muster now. Let's look forward to 2016 when I can possibly retire! Whoo hoo!
Robin M.

We vacation three or four times a year. Two anchors we do every year are Christmas at OKW and HH in Aug. Then we trade out for the Caribbean at spring break and if we can spare the time, another week in early June, as soon as school is out. This June we couldn't vacation because we had to move, last year we went to England and Ireland. Only the London leg was through DVC.

Thanks DVC

Twice a year. July on the Outer Banks of NC (sorry Mr. Ei$$ner, you don't get all my money) and December at Disney.

Yikes, I suddenly feel deprived! :) We go every other year so far...but when we go, we take family with us, which uses up lots o'points...last time was Feb. 1999, when there were 14 of us in total, for a family reunion on my DH's side...inlaws paid for plane tickets, we provided housing, others took care of several meals.

We want more points, though, to increase the number of visits!

We vacation at Disney 3-4 times a year and cruise twice a year. Easy getaways for us because neither require air travel. We are 3-3.5 hrs. from WDW by car and 20-30 minutes from both the Port of Ft. Lauderdale & Miami. Since my DH is a firefighter his schedule is flexible so we are able to take advantage of the off season for both WDW and cruising. We will enjoy this for another year or so until our little guy starts kindergarten.

Hope all is going well for you! :)

We've been DVC'rs since '95 and have accumulated enough points to vacation about 25 days a year, or two 10 days and 1 five day!

However, this year we did the 7 day cruise, 3 days at VB and will do 10 days in WDW in the fall (2 this year).

The cruise wipes out alot of points, but well worth it.....

Whatever amount of points we have, it's never enough!!!!!!!!!:smooth:

hi: we try to do twice per year , although sometimes it doesn't work that way due to schedules, school, jobs, etc.

We usually go to WDW twice a year Early to Mid-January and late May to Mid-June. We visit friends in California usually once a year, and try to squeeze in Las Vegas every 3 years or so.

We go twice a year. We go for a week or so at New Years to the Boardwalk and then in May/June we go for a week at Vero followed by a week at the Boardwalk.

We plan on at least 2 WDW trips per year, But since last June have had the wonderful opportunity of going 4 times and that doesn't include our 2 week stay this month!!! boy has DVC spoiled me!!!

The times we go vary because of DH's job. This is the first time in 20 years he got a summer vacation!!! He nevers gets the kids school vacations off either!! We try to take long weekends when the kids have a half day of school or a day off. I know most people are against taking kids out of school but.....sometimes you just have to do what you have to do!!!!!!

We've gone once a year to WDW for the past 3 years for a week at a time. Then we take another week and go camping out in Tahoe (only 4 hrs away) or someplace like that. Next year we won't have enough points to go to WDW as this years trip is a big one. Will maybe go to DL to see California Adventure though.

We, like Wendy, live in the West, so our trips average once every 1-1 1/2 years, depending on our annual passes. We skipped 2000 and did the California thing to get our Disney-fix. We just got back and will head back again before our AP's expire next year!

Really wish we were driving distance, so we could go more often!

We visit twice a year, Xmas time, which we cann't miss, has become a tradition, and then the either in Feburary or March to get away from the winter blahs!!!

Not enough. I did get to go 3 times this last year. We bought DVC in Dec. 2000. We went to VB in May and 1 night at VWL. It will be at least 1 year before we go again. So in all honesty, we will porbably only go 1 time a year in the near future. At least, until I retire in about 10 years.

For us it's Disney once a year (boohoo) and usually long weekends in places like Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Boston and this year a first trip to New Orleans.

If it were up to me we'd be at Disney every weekend!! lol
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter