DVCers, how often do you vacation?

As much as possible :-)

I seem to vacation at wdw or a non-wdw dvc resort at least every 2 months. Some trips are only 5 nights, but a couple are 2 weeks long. In 2001 I had/have trips in Feb, April, May, July (2wks), Sept, Oct/Nov (2wks), Thanksgiving (just 2 nights), and Dec/Jan. Guess that's 8 - but the Thanksgiving trip is a short one.

Living 3 hours away from wdw is a big help....as is buying dvc points whenever possible!

For the last few years we've gone twice a year--January and either July or August. this year we are squeezing in a Thanksgiving trip too!! I love DVC!! No way we could do this without our points!!

We typically take a spring and fall vacation. Our spring vacations tend to be 2-3 weeks, depending upon where we are going, with the fall being only a week.

Since joing DVC in 1997 we have been heading back to WDW more often. Prior to DVC we only went back every 5 years! This year, we will be spending 25 days at the world, spread out over three trips.

Next year we hope to get back into the habit of vacationing at other locations...but for now we have been content trying out all that DVC has to offer..including VB and HH. It's been fantastic!

This is GCM's husband....is it normal to read the vacation club book every day (MUltiple times!) and have plans outlined to 2002 - not to mention spend time on the message boards vs laundry etc.??

Just looking for the support group for working husbands! Thanks

Drive down from NY twice a year Easter week and two weeks in July.

This year we are going away on 4 seperate trips. One included disney (June) but the other 3 are nondisney. KeyWest, Virginia and Maine this year approximately one week each. We have another timeshare in Cape Cod and enjoy using the "getaway" feature of interval international. Our nondisney trips are usually spontaneous vacations.

We go twice a year... once in May and once in December. Can't just go once anymore...

When we first became members, we went twice in one year and then once in the next to make the most of our APs. That seemed very reasonable to us, but we seem to be changing our habits now. I'm not sure if the change is permanent or temporary. We were in WDW for 10 days in December 2000, and wont go again until the last 10 days of January 2002. That 13 month break seems so long to us since we were in WDW a total of 29 days from 12/31/99-12/13/00! We did an exchange to Hawaii for next spring, so we are a little short on points this year. It is also an off year for our APs, so we have AP vouchers that wont be used until starting in January. In a normal year we would go again in the fall and the next January to take advantage of our APs, but with 2 weeks in Hawaii planned + 10 days in WDW, our vacation time is short for next year. We will have to be satisfied with just a second trip on our APs the following January. :( I am in major WDW withdrawal right now, so we might have to fenagle a short trip for DH and me this fall. I think we can handle a few studio points, even though we don't like staying in studios. :D

We usually go to WDW twice a year now that we have the DVC...it makes it so much easier not to have to come up with that big chunk of money all at once to pay for accomodations!!!!!! Every once in a while, we slip a third trip in, but if we do that, it's usually a quick trip...4 days or less!!!! This year we went for 10 days in january, 2 1/2 days in June, and will be going for 8 days in October.

We typically have 3 5day vacations.
Hilton Head in August and WDW in June.
We rotate where we go April Break. Last yr was HH, this year was Vero and next is OKW!

Linda

Not nearly as often as I'd like!! LOL!!!! ;) I love DVC because it gives DH and I the chance to go more than once a year. Ideally twice a year for 10 days--however, I would gladly sacrafice other daily expenses like gas and coffee at Starbucks in order to squeeze another trip in! :D

Typically we go twice a year for 10 days at a time and then a trip during the summer some place else.
Some years we get lucky and can squeeze in 3 trips, this is one of those years.:bounce:

We go three times a year.....spring break, two weeks in summer (WDW/HH split) and October. Twice we decided to go at Christmas (last minute) and were able to get cancellations.

We go at Christmas every 4 years - first week of Dec. in order to do the Christmas shows. etc.

Living only three hours away from WDW helps, we try and go at least four times a year. Four days during spring break, one week in june, labor day weekend, maybe Halloween MNSSHP two nights and one week during Christmas week. Love planning the trips and look forward to going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter