• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVCMember Chat

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
Not sure which board to post this. Hope this will do. Just had to share a wonderful experience I had this morning with Derrek on the online chat at DVCMember.com. This man was so kind and helpful. Our story- we had booked a weeks stay at the Treehouse Villas for May 5-12 way back in November. Me, DH, DD, DSiL, and DGSs were super excited about the Treehouses. DH and I were to arrive Sat and our DD and family were arriving Sunday. On Wednesday, DH got a call that his mother had been taken to the hospital. Yesterday, she was placed in CCU. DH and I decided we need to stay here, but we wanted DD and family to go ahead to WDW. I called this morning to Member Services and explained the situation. I had to cancel a tour we had planned for Sunday and then try to cancel Saturday night. I had already discovered that a 2 bedroom at SSR was available for Sun to Sat- that would save some points. I knew all about the points going in to holding and just assumed that was all we could do. The rep at Member Services was very matter of fact when I explained our situation and I was able to cancel the tour reservation, put the resort reservation in DD's name and then change the reservation to the 2 bedroom. That left 75 points in holding- meaning I would have to use them in a 60 day reservation window, no banking allowed. No - I'm sorry about your situation, or anything from the rep in the phone. I decide later to go online just to see what might be available for us later in the summer and decided to Chat. Derrek was the person I chatted with. When I told him about our situation- he was so sweet. He asked if the rep at Member Services had spoke to a manager about our situation and I said she did not offer to. He told me to hold and next thing I knew he said he had spoken to his manager and the 15 points we had borrowed for the initial reservation would be put back into our 2019 UY, that left 60 points and they were being put back as unrestricted into the current UY. We can even bank them if needed. I was just floored. He didn't have to do any of that. He did it out of the kindness of his own heart. I wish I could reward him in some way. I did complete the survey and noted his kindness in the comment section. I thought the least I could do was post this to share. Thank you Derrek.

Great, nice to see that the Magic is still there. Pixie dust for your MIL. pixiedust:

Thanks Bill, MIL is not doing well, so its a blessing to not have to worry about points and the like during such a hard time.

At the CM lower level they will often try to work magic and it has been reported that MS will do a one time point save in special situations. I found out that they note everything in your account when a CM read me actions that they had taken with us over the years. I hope that things get better for you and yours.

:earsboy: Bill

Stories like that go back to the TRUE Disney way. They go out of their way, that is what sets them apart for anyone and anything else.

Glad that they made an exception for you! I just used the chat feature for the first time today and it was great. Got a response instantly and was able to reallocate points across a few reservations. Much quicker than calling and good for doing it at work without people overhearing.

Also with CHAT, you can copy and paste the text of the chat, so you have a record of what was done.

Thank you for sharing, it’s nice to hear that some people are still willing to go out of their way to help someone. Sorry that it had to be under these stressful conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter