DW gal does DL - just back!

Close to the crossing at the esplanade are Best Western Park Place Inn and Best Western Anaheim Inn (I am staying here for my next trip for the first time).

We stayed at Best Western Pavillions - it was nice, comfortable, but a good 15 minute walk for sure. Possibly closer to 20, we walk fairly fast. But we left Saturday afternoon for a break, and as much as I wanted to walk back for fireworks, the walk at the end back to the hotel stopped me. We could see them from our room though, so that helped a bit! There was a Best Western a bit closer, I'm not sure which one that is though.
Thats good you can see them from your room. That is a bit further than we want to be. I will look up the closer one. Thank You

Close to the crossing at the esplanade are Best Western Park Place Inn and Best Western Anaheim Inn (I am staying here for my next trip for the first time).
Thank You. I am writing them down and will look them up.

I don't think that $30 for 2 drinks with tip (as long as it's cocktails/mixed/frozen drinks) is out of line. We paid that at WDW all the time last month.

I don't think that $30 for 2 drinks with tip (as long as it's cocktails/mixed/frozen drinks) is out of line. We paid that at WDW all the time last month.

Drinks are expensive almost everywhere; that's why I seldom ever drink, lol.

Thank You. I am writing them down and will look them up.

We stayed at the Tropicana Inn and Suites! We loved it! Literally right across the street...super easy and less than a 5 minute walk. Everyone working there was super nice and helpful!

Happy Planning!

Last edited:
oh awesome. Thats very convenient.
We are probably going end up staying at one of the good neighbor hotels. I been reading about them slowly. I want one that is across the street or close. I dont want to have to use the art or any bus transportation. Its 2 adults and a 16 year old.
Was the one you stayed at Best Western Park Place? How was that? Thanks

Just for the record "Good Neighbor" hotel means absolutely nothing as far as I can tell. Just find one a short walk to the parks and you are good to go. Have fun!

oh awesome. Thats very convenient.
We are probably going end up staying at one of the good neighbor hotels. I been reading about them slowly. I want one that is across the street or close. I dont want to have to use the art or any bus transportation. Its 2 adults and a 16 year old.
Was the one you stayed at Best Western Park Place? How was that? Thanks
Any of the "across the street" hotels will usually get you a clean, basic place to crash and shower, and the ones right near the crosswalk are all "motel" types with outdoor walkways and doors. That said, I've never felt unsafe staying there. BWPPI generally gets good reviews here; you can usually get 2 queens or 2 queens and a pull-out couch.

I've stayed at Desert Inn which is also right at the crosswalk; it's usually the least expensive. It is NOT fancy. Very clean but very basic; can be noisy especially if you're not on top floor, but the rooms toward the back are quieter. I've found the showers have low water pressure, and the air conditioning can be noisy. It has a free continental breakfast that is very basic; cereal, muffins, apples and oranges, juice and milk, hardboiled eggs. The pool is indoors and smells so strongly of chlorine I've never been inclined to use it. That said, I've had good experiences there, since all we need is a clean place to sleep and shower. We eat our own breakfast while getting ready in the room (mini fridges and microwaves in each room), and I wear earplugs, so some noisy neighbors don't bother me. Plus when we reserve we've always requested, and received, top floor. You can get 2 queens, or a parlor suite which has 2 queens and a small sitting room with a pull-out couch and a tv.

I also like to check prices at Park Vue (good reviews here), Tropicana, Grand Legacy (can get noisy because of the rooftop bar on weekends), Fairfield Inn, etc.

Drinks are expensive almost everywhere; that's why I seldom ever drink, lol.

I'm strictly a beer drinker at home, but when we go to DLR or WDW I splurge for the fun concoctions, but definitely know they won't be inexpensive. But you're definitely right, alcohol is expensive everywhere.

I did bail on the 6am Power Walk I had registered, but was SO sore from walking the day before, even though I was already up (thank you 3 hour time difference) I just didn't have it in me.

Back in August, you and I exchanged some posts about the power walk in the thread where I gave a review of our Club Room stay at the Paradise Pier. The day we did the walk, only 13 out of 20 people showed up. We had non-park days for all three days of our PP stay, and it was still difficult to get up at 5:15am, in order to be at California Adventure by 5:45am.

Knowing what I know now, I would never register for the power walk if I was in the parks the previous day, or planned to go to the parks after completing the power walk. And, I am not surprised that many guests decide (when their alarm goes off in the morning) to skip the walk and go back to sleep...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter