DW is looking for a run tracking app

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
DW and I both have iPhones, and used to really enjoy the Nike run app. Last year, they changed it so you can't use it without creating an account and logging into it. We're not interested in that, so we've both stopped using the app. I'm happy with using my Garmin, but DW would like a phone app, and requested I seek recommendations here. She has the same model of Garmin, and does use it, but likes the phone option better.
She wants an app where she can just launch it and use it, with it maintaining a history of her runs. But she's not interested in creating yet another user id and login. Just launch and go.
Thanks!

She wants an app where she can just launch it and use it, with it maintaining a history of her runs. But she's not interested in creating yet another user id and login. Just launch and go.

How can an app maintain a history if you don't have an account?

I have a garmin and just use that app. Mine connects by Bluetooth so the devices communicate and I can see my stats in the app or online. Since she uses that to some extent why not just use that?

Every single app I use requires a log in to track history and go on runs. Some will let you log in using a social media account but I can't think of a single one that is download and go.

I use Nike+ since I have an Apple Watch too but also use Runkeeper and MapMyRun.

How can an app maintain a history if you don't have an account?

I have a garmin and just use that app. Mine connects by Bluetooth so the devices communicate and I can see my stats in the app or online. Since she uses that to some extent why not just use that?

Somehow, the Nike run app did just that until an update in mid-late 2016. Then, post update, it wanted us to either sign in or create an account. Perhaps it stored data locally on the phone? It had date, time, distance, pace, map of the path we took, personal records, and our answers to: shoes and how the run felt.

I wonder if our Garmin 210s can communicate with our phones. Will look into that app.

I used RunKeeper before getting my Garmin and I continue to use it on the rare occasion I don't have mine with me.

iSmoothRun will do what she is looking for. No account setup required. Your runs are stored within the app. Note that it does integrate with many services such as RunKeeper, Strava, and Nike. They are optional, but if she ever decides she wants to upload to one of those she can do so.

Thanks everyone! I've forwarded the suggestions to DW.

Sorry. A little late to the party here, but I've had good luck with Runmeter. I don't remember having to set up an account, but it's been a few years since I got it. It does a great job keeping everything in one place, although I really only use it for walking so I don't clutter up my Garmin Connect and Strava now.

Another late entry - MeeRun has the option to store local or create an account for theit online portal https://www.meerun.com/en#!app I used to use it all the time to track my runs, then i got a watch and it has no integrations, though it can import/export GPX files if they are on your phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter