DW Sue was on local TV news this morning

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
I suppose that I should have posted something BEFORE today, but our local Fox station made it's annual pilgrimage to the flower shop where my DW Sue works. Their roving reporter tries his hand at arranging flowers on camera. It's always a lot of fun. Sue was featured in a couple of segments of the show. I stayed home this morning just so I could tape her performance. If I have some time this weekend, I'll post either a short segment of the video or a couple of screen captures.

I did miss a little bit of the show from the flower shop, though, because I was taping the morning news on another station in hopes of seeing Tuffcookie before she flew down to WDW for the one-day trip that she won from that station.

I think that I need more VCRs just to catch all the action. It was a busy morning here in NE Ohio.

*lol* TC!

So - did you get to see TuffCookie on the news?

And - how would Sue rate the reporters attempt at flower arranging? I'll bet she is overwhelmed with orders right now. Our office is the second floor of a building, a florist is on the bottom and the poor girls go nuts every Valentine's Day because about 94% of the men do not pre-order and then invade in the shop in a frenzy!!

Hi John and Sue! That is fun that she got to be on the TV news!:)

Tuffcookie was in such a hurry to get to WDW that she got to the airport BEFORE the TV station. The TV reported waited outside for TC to show up, but she had already checked her bags and gone through airport security. The reporter mentioned that Tuffcookie was a "DISer" and that she was part of an internet Disney fan group. So the short answer is "No". I didn't actually get to see TC on TV.

I miss all the good stuff:(
I would have loved to have seen both of those!

Wow busy day in Ohio today... glad to hear about Sue as well... did she have a good time?

I heard about TC as well...

I just got off the phone with Sue. She looked like she was having a good time on TV. She even got in a plug for the Alexander Flower's floral design course. But she is way too busy to talk with me right now. She anticipates being at work until at least midnight. All those last minute orders are going to have everyone there putting in some major overtime today.

My wife really seems to have a knack for getting on local TV news programs (in a good way). She and the kids were interviewed at an ice cream shop a couple of years ago for a story about a shortage of cream. My wife uttered the now famous phrase "You gotta have ice cream!!!" during that interview.

Someday I'll have to collect all these bits of TV newscasts and see if she has exceeded her 15 minutes of fame.

As a matter of fact, I do. She loves flowers. That's why she's a floral designer. Although I don't get her flowers for every occasion, I try to surprise her every once in a while. Both she and DD Sarah get a dozen roses for sweetest day. I've even had flowers delivered to our house a couple of times.

Many years ago, we were at WDW on her birthday. I ordered flowers from the WDW florist and even asked if we could stop by for a tour. Unfortunately, insurance regulations prevented our little tour, but nonetheless, Sue got a beautiful arrangement that we enjoyed for the remainder of our vacation.

Just this past October when Sue went on a 3-day cruise with her mom and her Aunt Irene, I contacted The Perfect Gift and had them make up an floral arrangement for them to enjoy on their cruise. The flowers were so fresh and fragrant that, at the end of the cruise, Sue took the flowers to Guest Services and gave them to the CMs working there. The arrangement that she gave them was larger than the one that was already on the desk. Sue's aunt took a great picture of the flowers and I've been meaning to post it here and on the Cruise Line Trip Report boards. I guess that I should do that.

I am also reminded of our first date. I stopped by the flower shop where Sue was working and bought her a single rose. She was in the back of the store working feverishly so that she could get off work in time to go home and get ready for our date. She was so busy, she didn't even notice my being in the store.

I don't take that chance anymore. I never buy flowers from where she works.

How Fun!!

I am helping out in the evenings at a flower shop I used to work at. It's just crazy how many flowers they go through and the amount of orders they do. They do work very hard to make everyone happy.

Happy early Valentine's Day everyone!

tamie

Getting flowers on a cruise....heavenly! That's great she has a job she loves. I know I love to wander into florist's shops and take in the beauty of the flowers. I can see by your reply that you order flowers.

That is so cool John!!!! Too bad I wasn't able to watch her on TV though :(

Goodness... all the celebrity DISers are in OHIO today! :)

That's neat that Sue was on tv. I hope the hard work this evenings is well rewarded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter