Dyson vacumn

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
Looking to getting a new a dyson- I’ve had mine for about 10 years. I have the yellow canister one.
We do not have pets looking at the canister and the big ball options. I do not want a cordless option.

Have you used either of these two? Which is better. We have carpet and wood floors.

I have the cinetic big ball animal one and love it! I use it on wood, tile, and wool rugs. It is amazing.

I would buy a Shark. You'll get a much better vacuum at a much better price.
I did this two years ago. I could not in good faith spend $500 on a Dyson. Instead I spent about $220 on the Shark. Hated it. Hair would constantly get stuck on the beater bar. It never had much suction.

In February this year I found a great deal on a Dyson at Bed Bath and Beyond. AND They even let me use a 20% off coupon!!

I was so excited to vacuum an area with the Shark, then immediately re-vacuum with the Dyson to see how wellDyson worked. True story-the hose on the Shark was cracked and lost all suction.

I second the Shark. I have both and will never buy another Dyson again. The Shark is a better vacuum and 1/3 the price and does everything the Dyson does and more.

The dysons I am looking at are both 300. Hard to tell the difference. Sounds like either would be okay!

The dysons I am looking at are both 300. Hard to tell the difference. Sounds like either would be okay!
Probably! I’m guessing it’s just a matter of preference between the two; I paid about the same but went with the upright because it is easier for me. Best of luck, whichever you choose!

I've had both Dyson and Shark and definitely prefer the Shark. So I sold the Dyson in a garage sale.

Dyson just seems wildly overpriced. Honestly, they all spin a motor to create suction and spin some kind of brush. I would also check to see how much the replaceable filters/bags/etc. cost since some need frequent replacement and can be very pricey. Have had the same vacuum for several years and it isn't one of those trendy brands, but still works fine.

I have the cordless dyson and I love it so much. I absolutely hate cleaning but I actually don’t mind with this one because it’s just so easy. I have a 15 year old Miele which still works great and I also highly recommend, but I barely use it since I got the dyson.

I second the Shark. I have both and will never buy another Dyson again. The Shark is a better vacuum and 1/3 the price and does everything the Dyson does and more.

I had a lemon of a Dyson that we finally got them to replace - for another lemon of a Dyson. I use a $69 Dirt Devil as my primary vaccuum and a Meile Red Star as the backup.

I have the cordless dyson and I love it so much. I absolutely hate cleaning but I actually don’t mind with this one because it’s just so easy. I have a 15 year old Miele which still works great and I also highly recommend, but I barely use it since I got the dyson.
This is me. Didn't want to respond since the OP is not interested in cordless but it has been a game-changer for me.

We also fell victim to the Dyson name. We were never impressed with it, but it did the job.
We bought a Shark last year and wow what a difference.

I have a Dyson, used like 3 times. Just doesn't seem to pick up very good. I use a dirt devil that was like $50

Last edited:
I have both, and the Shark. I love the canister more, although both are good. The shark ended up in the trash, complete waste of money.

I broke way too many Dyson vacuum cleaners. I only buy vacuums that I can get repaired. I stick with buying from Costco as they’re easier to return.

I had a Dyson many years ago that I loved. It was one of the old yellow models. The housecleaner that I once used accidentally knocked it down a flight of stairs onto tile and it shattered. I bought an Animal one to replace it. Hated it with a passion. The cannister was way to small, especially for dog hair. Finally bought a Bissell for about a quarter of the cost of a Dyson and love it. My mom just bought a Shark, and I really like hers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter