E.t.

minnie-mimi

Earning My Ears
Is there a hight requirment for the E.T. fide at USF ?
HOw strick are they about hights for the rides?I have a 39 3/4" DS that is just dying to go on spiderman at IOA any chance of him getting on or should I start to prepare him for the disapontment now?

By the way this is going to be our first trip to Universal
any tips for a first timer NOT staying on sight no FOTL for us:( :(

I don't recall any height req. for ET, but as far as the others, my son is 42" exactly & every time he went on JP river adventure & MIB he was measured.

Hi minnie-mimi,

Spiderman is a yes! Here is a great site you can type in your childs height and see what he can and cannot ride. Have Fun:)Height Calculator

Thanx for the Height calculater, I just checked it and my son will NOT be able to ride ET. He is going to be very dissapointed. He's almost 6 and watches ET all the time. It said that he'd have to be 48 inches, and he's 44.25". That is too bad.

Do they have seats for smaller kids that they can ride on? He also cannot go on Kongfrontation....gee...how come?

Thanx,

Cindy that cant be right!! We were there in Dec my little guy was going on 4 years old and was 42". He rode ET . I found this for you on universals website hope it helps.

At each UNIVERSAL Orlando attraction location, signs post specific height requirements and warnings for certain medical conditions. Children under 48" (1.22 meters) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

All shows accommodate guests with disabilities. The outdoor-stage shows have reserved areas clearly marked by signs displaying the International Symbol of Accessibility. For more information, please click herefor our online Guide for Guests with Disabilities.

At Universal Studios®, children must be able to sit upright unassisted on all rides. Guests under 40" (1.02 meters) tall may not experience Back To The Future The Ride® and must use the stationary seating at The Funtastic World of Hanna-BarberaTM.

Due to the nature of the attractions, expectant mothers are requested to avoid riding Back To the Future The Ride®, Earthquake® – The Big One, Kongfrontation®, Jaws® and use the stationary seating in The Funtastic Word of Hanna-BarberaTM and Terminator 2:3-D Battle Across TimeTM

At Islands of AdventureSM children must be able to ride upright unassisted on all rides. Persons under 54" (1.37 meters) may not ride Dueling DragonsSM or The Incredible Hulk-CoasterSM , those under 52" (1.32 meters) may not ride Doctor Doom's Fearfall, those under 42" (1.07 meters) may not ride Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, those under 44" (1.12 meters) may not ride Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, those under 42" (1.07 meters) may not ride Jurassic Park River AdventureSM and those under 40" (1.02 meters) may not ride Amazing Adventures of Spider-ManSM. Guests must be at least 36" to ride Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster and 42" to ride Men In Black: Alien Attack. Guests must be at least 36" to ride the Flying Unicorn coaster. Pteranadon Flyers is designed for children 36" to 56" tall. Adults over 56" must be accompanied by a child meeting this requirement.

Looks like at Universal (Not IOA) there isnt anything he cant ride providing you ride with him. Have Fun!! :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.I appriciate all the help,just one more question if I could,how about men in black?? The USF site dosen't even mention it, is there a restriction on this ride or not??

Thanks again!!!!!!!

I saw tons of kids riding E.T. & Kongfrontation while at Universal. I wouldn't count out getting your children on the ride just yet.......
:smooth:

Thanx for the added infor Jessica. That is great news!:D

I guess the people who did the Height Calculator have gotten it wrong. Go ahead and try it yourself...I plugged in 44.25 inches and the height info was a bit different than what you told me.

Thank You so much for added info.

I was told that you had to be 40'' to ride on a bike on E.T., but that you can take a smaller child on the ride on some sort of alternate seating. My DS is 39'' tall and we are hoping that he will grow that extra inch before mid-October.

I believe they have changed the ride vehicles since then. DD is about 36 in tall and rode on a bike just like everyone else.

I'm a ride atendent at E.T. and the only req. we have for children is that they have to be able to walk, and sit up on their own to ride (no lap sitting). also....shoes and shirts must be worn.

This will be our first time to Universal and I have a question about the ET ride. Do you really sit on a bike or does it just look like that?:smooth:

It's really not a bicycle but a ride designed to look like one. The seat is more of a chair seat. It's one of my favorites. Try and get the front seat. There's a surprise in the basket !! - Nancy

Originally posted by Hadjii
It's really not a bicycle but a ride designed to look like one. The seat is more of a chair seat. It's one of my favorites. Try and get the front seat. There's a surprise in the basket !! - Nancy
thanks nancy, i wondered where i left that corndog

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter