E-Tickets through UT

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I am getting ready to pull the trigger and buy our DL Tickets through UT for our June trip. I have only bought through them one other time and that was for WDW and we were sent the hard copy tickets (loved using UT btw, so easy and can't beat the price). However, I have noticed that for DL tickets, they only email E-Tickets (unless we have the option to get the hard tickets mailed to us, and if so please correct me). We have never used E-Tickets before and was wondering if they are just like the hard tickets where I plug in the ticket number and associate the ticket with one of the names in our party on the Disneyland app. Thank you for any information and help, like I said before E-tickets are new to me....However I am kind of bummed that we won't get the physical hard tickets sent to us, I like to keep them as a souvenirs and plus I really like to get Disney mail :goodvibes..

If the e-tickets have a bar code, you will take them straight to the gates where a CM will scan them, then give you a paper ticket (about the size of a credit card) which can be used in the FP machines and kept for a souvenir.

I bit the bullet and bought UT for my 3 day PH with Max pass a few weeks ago. I got the email with the bar code within 5 minutes and was able to scan the bar code into My Tickets on my Disneyland App. When I got to the gate they scanned the bar code on my app, took a picture of me and handed me my paper ticket, which I never needed to use. I got Max pass loaded with a FP right away and was good to go.

I bit the bullet and bought UT for my 3 day PH with Max pass a few weeks ago. I got the email with the bar code within 5 minutes and was able to scan the bar code into My Tickets on my Disneyland App. When I got to the gate they scanned the bar code on my app, took a picture of me and handed me my paper ticket, which I never needed to use. I got Max pass loaded with a FP right away and was good to go.

Thank you, I did fail to mention that we are going to buy our tickets with Max pass and that was another thing I was wondering about when it came to the E-tickets. Thank you theluckyrabbit and PoohBearFriends for the information. It helps a lot.

OP: Hang on to the paper ticket when you go through the gate. Take a moment to take a photo of the back of each ticket with a clear image of the barcode and all the numbers. In case the tickets get lost/stolen/destroyed by water rides/etc., the photos will help you get the tickets replaced quickly and easily at Guest Services. And keep the paper tickets in a safe place in case the app eats your tickets and you need to rescan them (very rare, but has been reported here).

OP: Hang on to the paper ticket when you go through the gate. Take a moment to take a photo of the back of each ticket with a clear image of the barcode and all the numbers. In case the tickets get lost/stolen/destroyed by water rides/etc., the photos will help you get the tickets replaced quickly and easily at Guest Services. And keep the paper tickets in a safe place in case the app eats your tickets and you need to rescan them (very rare, but has been reported here).

Thank you, thank you.....excellent advice and something we will definitely be doing :goodvibes

Hi OP! We are an east coast, WDW family who had a marvelous trip to DLR in June. We used UT with Maxpass. As others have said, we scanned the emailed tickets into the app and we were good to go at the park entry. They handed us paper tickets at that time.

The reason I’m posting is that we ended up using our paper tickets the whole trip, for both entry and Fastpasses because we are a group of 5 with only 3 smart phones between us. We found it MUCH easier to wear lanyards with our tickets for all of the scan points. I think even with the app on my phone, scanning was much easier with a ticket in a lanyard.

Have fun on your trip!

Also, remember that you only get to ”name” the e tickets once, when you scan the UCT bar code into the app. For me last month, it defaulted to naming them all with my name since I purchased them. I renamed them as I scanned in each ticket, and that makes booking FPs so much easier for a group who might not all want the same FP. Once you’ve scanned them in, you can’t go back and rename them.

And in addition, when you scan into the gate for the first time with a new ticket (which you have smartly named for each person), make sure that the correct person goes through the turnstile and has their photo taken, lining up with the name on that e ticket in your app. This way it all matches up, again, for FP booking purposes.

I second the take a photo of the paper ticket. Excellent advice as I have seen many a paper ticket on the ground since people are constantly pulling them out to scan into their FPs.

Thank you everyone for all of the awesome advice. I just purchased our 5 day park hopper ticket with Maxpass through UT and within a minute I received an email that contained the E-Tickets. I am going to leave them in the email for now since our trip isn't until June however, I definitely like the advice of taking a photo of the paper ticket, that we will definitely be doing. Thank you all again.

I just purchased tickets from UT. After not receiving any tickets ASAP like others, I was concerned. Then I got an email stating I had to call to verify details. Not an issue and I called, they were very nice and confirmed the details. Shortly after I received my E-tickets. Took almost an hour after initial ordering...which is totally fine! Just want to tell others not to freak out if you don't get the E- Ticket super fast. It may have been because I did not create an account, I just checked out as a guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter