Ear tubs for adults

I am on ear infection number two this month so how often do you have them before getting tubs put in

Ear tubes you mean. It would be up to your Dr. Nobody here could possibly know. We don't know any history, or severity of them. Talk to him.

Ear tubes you mean. It would be up to your Dr. Nobody here could possibly know. We don't know any history, or severity of them. Talk to him.
Agreed. IIRC, with our kids, the doctor said the number was 5 (maybe 6) in a year before they considered tubes.

I'm guessing it's still the same infection. I find it hard to believe you got two separate infections in a month.

It's rare for adults to get tubes for ear infections, more usually only to treat barotrauma. The interior anatomy of the ear changes as we age, and adults really don't need them for the same purpose that children do.

Were you treated by an otolaryngologist? If not, I'd suggest going to one; most likely you simply didn't get properly effective medications the first time out.

Hot water bottle or heating pad helps with the pain. It won't make it go away any faster but it might make you feel better

Did you talk to your doctor, tink? What did they say?
Your question is really more of a question for medical professional who is familiar with your ears, your infections etc

I had a tube inserted into one ear in October. It was done by my ENT to combat a chronic ear infection/ear fluid issue. When you're a grown-up, it's done as an office procedure with deadening to the ear drum. Not the most pleasant experience ever, but the ear infection is long gone. The ENT said it will probably just come out by itself in about 8-10 months. I go back every 4 months to have her check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter