Earl of Sandwich for Disney Village

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
DLRPToday are reporting that an Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village has been approved

11_earlofsandwich_03.jpg

Chessy town council has stamped and approved the plans for an Earl of Sandwich counter service restaurant in Disney Village. Yes, the rumours were true and all the plans and concepts are out…!

If you thought Starbucks changed the vibe of Disney Village or at least gave it a fresh kick, this new British-themed sandwich shop should do the same ten times over.

This will make an alternative to McDonald’s for a quick bite of lunch, and the Art Deco style building looks nice as well, with a location next to the lake.

Cool, don't suppose it will be built before our trip in Feb ;)

Another thing to have to go back to try......

Kirsten

Ok so call me a noob but what exactly will earl of sandwich be, a subway type place i take it..? They mention competition to Mc'donalds, so does this mean that the food will be relatively cheap compard to some of the other places..? What type of stuff will it serve.

Found the american menu. It looks good. i shall definately give it a try.

Ok so call me a noob but what exactly will earl of sandwich be, a subway type place i take it..? They mention competition to Mc'donalds, so does this mean that the food will be relatively cheap compard to some of the other places..? What type of stuff will it serve.

Yep, pretty much like a Subway.

They have one at Downtown Disney at WDW.

Will be interesting to see if it's as good as it's Orlando equivalent as dining at DLRP pales in comparison to WDW for the most part

:goodvibes

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would get a eurostrt ciket just for EoS!!!

When does it open?!?!?

They have one at Downtown Disney at WDW.

Will be interesting to see if it's as good as it's Orlando equivalent as dining at DLRP pales in comparison to WDW for the most part

:goodvibes

I bet it won't be as cheap as the one in DTD or as well organised!

I really wouldn't compare EOS with Subway. The sandwiches at EOS seem more freshly made than the slapped together cold-cut travesties that you typically get at Subway. I personally look forward to an EOS sandwich (and not just because it is at WDW), while I never remember getting excited for a Subway sandwich.

Well apparently the fences went up in February and then came back down, but are due to go back up soon and the restaurant is scheduled to open in December 2010. :)

Thanks for the update, Jill, I'm glad this is opening at DLP, it will make a nice alternative for lunch or dinner.

Well apparently the fences went up in February and then came back down, but are due to go back up soon and the restaurant is scheduled to open in December 2010. :)

That is soooo awesome!!!:cheer2::cheer2: We love Earl of Sandwich and will be visiting DLP for the first time in April 2011.....sounds like EOS will be open by then.....I am a store manager for McDonalds so eating that on vacation does not appeal to me at all!!

:lovestruc That is great news :thumbsup2 Love Earl of Sandwich so might be time for another trip at DLRP next year ;)

i hope its not like a Subway, walked into a Subway once, saw the state of the food and walked straight back out again. plastic cheese and ham :confused:

well thank goodness for that!!

i will never ever set foot in another Subway again!
(if there was an emotion for sick then i would use it here)!

great news, anything that adds to the Village has to be a good thing. Hope it is not too expensive tho'!

:cheer2:Yay! I am happy there will be another option at the Village. I was unwilling to wait in the massive lines at Mcdonalds on my last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter