Earliest Flight From Port Canaveral

anjuan

DIS Veteran
I know that this has been asked in the past, but I didn't see anything recent. From Port Canaveral if we do early walk off, have a car at the port, and have TSA pre-check do you think we could catch a 11am flight out of MCO? We won't need to return the car- I'll be dropping my daughter off at the airport for the flight. She will also be doing carry-on for her luggage.

Barring late ship arrival/ clearance and no traffic issues.

Pre-chek? Mobile ticket?

And not a holiday/ big school break?

Then, yes.

Maybe. Disney used to say nothing before noon, not sure if they still do. Some people have made 11 am flights. We BARELY made a 12:35 pm flight. Disney did everything right, we were at the airport by 9:15 am, boarding pass in hand and in line for security by 9:30 am but the wait for security was nuts. We literally walked from security to our gate and on the plane as it was already boarding. So much for a leisurely lunch at the airport.
I will never book a flight before 1 pm myself.

Easily. Earlier this year we did walk-off with the DCL bus and got to the airport before 9am. And that wasn't a completely smooth debarkation either. It took an extra 15-20 minutes to let us off. With pre-check it was really smooth even though the lines looked long. Maybe 10 minutes. We had 11 flight and it was pretty easy to make it.

I know that this has been asked in the past, but I didn't see anything recent. From Port Canaveral if we do early walk off, have a car at the port, and have TSA pre-check do you think we could catch a 11am flight out of MCO? We won't need to return the car- I'll be dropping my daughter off at the airport for the flight. She will also be doing carry-on for her luggage.
Yes, barring any unusual ship delays, you can easily catch an 11am flight if you already have a car at the port, have TSA Pre-Check and are not checking luggage. I've gotten to the MCO airport by 9am after cruises where I disembarked as early as I could, and that was using DCL transfers, which take longer than driving your own car.

I would not risk it. What if there is an accident on the highway or the ship can't dock as expected. If you miss the plane because its your fault then you will have to pay the price of a new ticket home

I would say with your specific situation anything before 10:30 should be no problem at all. You could probably make 10 am flight no issue but then you might have some stress.

We don't do walk off and have been sitting at the airport (Navy Exchange parking lot) at 8:30 waiting for it to open already. However as was mentioned, that is if the ship is on time and no glitches. Our last Fantasy cruise in Jan, the gangway broke and everybody had to take the elevator to deck one to disembark. That took awhile, so anything can happen to mess up your timing.

You should be OK.
On Disney's web sight they have an earliest flight recommended on debarkation day as 11:15.

This is from their web sight: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/ground-transportation/

Guests Arranging Independent Air Travel

For the Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral sailings in 2024, we recommend the following flight-time guidelines:

• Latest arrival time to Orlando International Airport on embarkation day: 1:00 PM for domestic flights and 12:00 PM (Noon) for international flights
  • Earliest departure time from Orlando International Airport on debarkation day: 11:15 AM

As long as ship clears on time -absolutely YES.

My son goes to school in Orlando (20 minutes from MCO airport) and has made 8:30 am Monday morning class from Port Canaveral - getting off ship at 7:15 - taking his car from the port parking and heading straight to campus for his class.

It can be done - there is always a risk of late ship arrival or accident on SR 528 to the airport that could cause you to miss a flight but you can't predict all things and that could happen at any time.

I personally would book that flight and not sweat it.

I would choose walk off just in case, but I think you could get there with time to spare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter