Early 90's MMC/ The Party

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
Does anyone remember the group "The Party" that was spawned from the early 90's version of MMC? I used to have a cassette tape and there was a catchy song called "I found love." Long story short, somehow, that song has popped back up in my brain. It's probably been almost 20 years since I last listened to it. I went looking and can't seem to find it anywhere, other than youtube, to listen to it. I guess I'm going to have to keep youtubing it until it leaves my head!

I had the cassette tape too!! I loved "summer vacation" and sadly I still remember all their names too! :lmao: Tiffani, Chase, Damon, Deedee and Albert. I watched that MMC every day. I still have some of the episodes taped but they are on beta! Man, I'm old!!!

Oh I do, I do!

I loved the 90's MMC. Our cable company didn't have Disney as a regular channel on the line up, so every so often throughout the year they would do a Disney Channel preview to get you to subscribe to a higher tier of cable services. It was only a few years later, after MMC went off the after, that the Disney channel became free....grumble.

Anyway, I have their cassette (for albums 1 & 2) and their thrid album CD (or maybe it's one cassette and 2 CDs).

Every so often I'll look up what the members are up to. I know Dee Dee has been performing on Broadway.

I liked "I Found Love," but my fave was Dee Dee and Albert singing "Sugar Is Sweet"

Every so often I'll look up what the members are up to. I know Dee Dee has been performing on Broadway.

I liked "I Found Love," but my fave was Dee Dee and Albert singing "Sugar Is Sweet"

I saw Dee Dee in Wicked last year! Right after I saw it I came here and posted about it :laughing:

My sister and I were huge fans, we were so excited when we moved to a bigger town and got cable! Even more excited when Color Me Badd came to the fairgrounds for a concert that summer, and who was their opening act??

The Party!! :goodvibes We were more excited about the opening act at that show, we were so excited to see Damon in person! :lmao:

Sad to say that was back in the summer of '92.....man it's been a long time! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter