Jennkneefir

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I have a september trip where we will be staying at the campgrounds at Fort Wilderness. I arrive early am (red eye flight), but the rest of my family won't arrive until early evening. They are the ones with the trailer, so i wont have anywhere to hangout until they get there.

Am i able to drop my suitcase with bell services and spend the day at the pool? If i can, what is a reasonable time to arrive?

I'm considering making a breakfast reservation to kill some time if early arrival isn't reasonable.

Thank you!

I can't speak for the Fort necessarily, but I've checked in early at other Disney hotels and just dumped my bags at concierge and gone off to Disney Springs, the pool, the parks, whatever. I've dumped bags probably around 7 or 8 am.

Every time we've come early to the Fort with the trailer or RV (I mean around 10 am), a spot has always been available for us.

I can't speak for the Fort necessarily, but I've checked in early at other Disney hotels and just dumped my bags at concierge and gone off to Disney Springs, the pool, the parks, whatever. I've dumped bags probably around 7 or 8 am.

Every time we've come early to the Fort with the trailer or RV (I mean around 10 am), a spot has always been available for us.
Super helpful! Thank you. Do you need to be checked in to use the pools? ie. do i need to have my "room key" (i assume i wont get a room key for a campsite?). Or could i drop at bell services, explain the situation, and head there?

Give the name of your party to the guard at the entrance and they'll let you in based on the check in list. Once in, go to the reception outpost (Check in desk) and let them know you are there and waiting. Your party may have already used early check in even if they aren't on property yet. They should be able to take your bags there. If not, leave them in the trunk at the overflow lot, jump on a bus and head to the pool. Oh, I assume you will be on your party's list as being with them. If not, make sure you're on the site list.
EDIT: Oops, I just assumed you had a rental car. Not sure how you're getting there from the airport.

The fort has bell services just like the other resorts. They will hold your bags. Bell services is on the side of the check in building.

Give the name of your party to the guard at the entrance and they'll let you in based on the check in list. Once in, go to the reception outpost (Check in desk) and let them know you are there and waiting. Your party may have already used early check in even if they aren't on property yet. They should be able to take your bags there. If not, leave them in the trunk at the overflow lot, jump on a bus and head to the pool. Oh, I assume you will be on your party's list as being with them. If not, make sure you're on the site list.
EDIT: Oops, I just assumed you had a rental car. Not sure how you're getting there from the airport.
Thank you! This is super helpful and detailed. I'm waiting to decide if i need a rental car, as the rest of my crew will be arriving with vehicles. Might uber/lyft if i decide i dont need one! Will definitely make sure my name is on the reservation!!

The fort has bell services just like the other resorts. They will hold your bags. Bell services is on the side of the check in building.
Thank you! Do you think arriving around 9 am is too early? I know check-in isnt technically until the pm

Thank you! Do you think arriving around 9 am is too early? I know check-in isnt technically until the pm
Not too early at all. You can leave your bags and then enjoy the pool at the fort. If you get bored with that, you could go over and visit the wilderness lodge. There's a bus you can take over. Or go to Disney Springs. Or you could take the boat to MK and get on the monorail and see the monorail resorts. Lots of choices of places to eat at all those resorts.
Have fun!

Not too early at all. You can leave your bags and then enjoy the pool at the fort. If you get bored with that, you could go over and visit the wilderness lodge. There's a bus you can take over. Or go to Disney Springs. Or you could take the boat to MK and get on the monorail and see the monorail resorts. Lots of choices of places to eat at all those resorts.
Have fun!
Yes!! This is 100% my intention. i just wanted to make sure i wouldnt be arriving too early to enjoy the pool! It'll be a long overnight flight so i thought some am pool time might be a nice way to relax! Thank you for the ideas/recommendations!!

Better yet, make sure you pack a small travel bag with bathing suit and towel, change at the pool. Visit the horse barn, take a strolll. Lots of stuff to do.
oooohhh! 110% will be doing this. Will plan to bring a small day bag for just this purpose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter