• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early arrival @ Poly and Swimming

tripplanner

DIS Veteran
We'll be heading to the Poly for the first time in a few days. We will be arriving before 3 so it's probable that our room won't be ready. I'm planning on packing the kids swimsuits in my backpack and letting the kids swim while we wait on the room. Will there be a place for the kids to change clothes or should I just have them wear their swimsuits under their clothes? We stayed at one resort (I'm thinking it was AKL) that had a nice dressing room/bathroom by the pool. Does the Poly have a similar area? Also, I was reading a description of the Poly on Deb's site and it mentioned the pool and a wet play area. Does anyone know what a "wet play area" my mean?

I'd be curious too since we'll be arriving at the Poly at about 10:30 or 11 am.

That's a good idea though to have bathing suits in a separate bag. I think they have towels by the pool.

We stayed at the Poly in Mid-february, and there is a nice restroom/shower area/ changing facility in the volcano of the volcano pool (you access it by walking behind the water fall). The water play area is next to the Hawaii building...it is a jumping fountain/sprinkler type thing you see at other Disney areas (was one at DTD a few years ago). My two year old enjoyed this area...it seemed to attract the toddler age primarily when we were there.

Elizabeth

Yes, the Polynesian does have a facility for changing poolside--both pools actually. The quieter of the two is at the, of all things, the quiet pool. It has a restroom with ample room for changing and it's rarely used.

We fly to WDW and Polynesian is our resort destination more often than not. I learned long ago to pack the swimsuits (goggles, flip flops, etc.) in each of our carry on bags. It's at the ready when we are that way. We just check the luggage at bell services and keep the small carry-ons with us until the room is ready. There are phones around both pool areas that you could use to check on your room status, too. It works the same way on your departure day, should you wish to swim before leaving and you've already vacated your room.

If you are staying concierge, you can even store those small bags with them while you go to the parks--if you choose. Likewise, you are free to use all of the concierge facilities even though you aren't officially in your room. Ditto the departure day.

Have fun. . .we're countin' down now!

I will not repeat what the others said already but I have found the rooms to be ready every time we have gone and sometimes we have switched from another resort and been at the Polynesian early (about 11:30) and the room was ready. I am sure some have stories of the opposite but I would bet your room will be ready and you will not have to worry about where to change.

Aloha

Steve

Our room is usually ready upon our arrival and we typically head down the third week of June or so--a busier season. I only recall one time that it wasn't and we were checking in at 8:00 a.m. I hope it works as well for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter