• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Checkin...

pigget74

DVC Beach Club Villas
Our trip is in March, but tomorrow we can do early checkin. What is the benefit of doing this?

yes, online check-in. Sorry, my mind went blank earlier. So, if we wait to check-in when we get there...all will be fine. I guess we would have to wait in line either way. We have a 2-bedroom and a studio. I just did not know if I did online now if that would help us having a room near one another.

Thanks

I am not sure if it matters if you do online check in or not, but I would definitely call member services before you go and put in a request to have room near each other. We have had good luck getting our requests as long as we had them written in advance.

I am not sure if it matters if you do online check in or not, but I would definitely call member services before you go and put in a request to have room near each other. We have had good luck getting our requests as long as we had them written in advance.

You should contact MS and add a "traveling with" added to both reservations referencing the other reservation number. That alerts the room assigner at the resort to try and put the rooms close together.

:earsboy: Bill

Our trip is in March, but tomorrow we can do early checkin. What is the benefit of doing this?

Nope, no benefit from my experience. I did on-line check in and yet when I got to the resort, the CM with the clip board controling the check-in line didn't seem to know what on-line check in was. There were about 6 people waiting to check in, so I went to her and asked "I did on-line check in, do I have to wait in THIS line?" She looked at me like I was speaking a very foreign language and said "Yes, wait here." When I got to the desk, I verified that there was no separate line for on-line check in, I did everything just as if I were checking in for the first time, and the whole process took the same amount of time. Leson-on line check in was a waste of time. Tried it on another trip-same type of result. But I don't give up-I just did on line check in for a third resort that I'm going to in two weeks. Maybe third time's the charm!

When I made the reservations I asked if they could be located by one another. I will call and make sure that they are linked.

Thanks.

I guess also, we are moving people around in the rooms. I think I will have to call and make sure to change the room assignment accordingly. Same people are going, but moving people around in the 2 units booked. I think the only reason we would have to is because of the armbands.

Nope, no benefit from my experience. I did on-line check in and yet when I got to the resort, the CM with the clip board controling the check-in line didn't seem to know what on-line check in was. There were about 6 people waiting to check in, so I went to her and asked "I did on-line check in, do I have to wait in THIS line?" She looked at me like I was speaking a very foreign language and said "Yes, wait here." When I got to the desk, I verified that there was no separate line for on-line check in, I did everything just as if I were checking in for the first time, and the whole process took the same amount of time. Leson-on line check in was a waste of time. Tried it on another trip-same type of result. But I don't give up-I just did on line check in for a third resort that I'm going to in two weeks. Maybe third time's the charm!

:teacher: Online check in was designed by Disney to expedite the check process and reduce the delay at the convention resorts that have lines out the door. DVC adopted the process to be a team player and to standardize the process across all resorts.

The request selections didn't make much sense because they were added for the non-DVC resorts. Some have improved but many still do not apply to DVC resorts.

We have waited longer than the regular check in line and sometimes shorter. Most of the time there isn't much of a line.

There are reports that Disney is working to have guests bypass the front desk and go straight to their room. Maybe something will be announced later this year.

When I made the reservations I asked if they could be located by one another. I will call and make sure that they are linked.

Thanks.

Linking is for something else, don't use that term or you will confuse the CM.

"Traveling with" is what you want to have added. :thumbsup2

At BLT on November 29th there was only one line that could be split between three CMs at two counters, but when it got to our turn (the 2nd in line), they checked the computer confirming we did online check in, double checked the text phone number for the notice that our room was ready, asked if all of our MBs were active and then sent us on the way.

We received the text by 2:30 PM stating the room was ready and all of MBs (we had 3 each) worked both on the door and at the parks.

When we haven't done online check in, they take about 20 minutes to check us in versus the 5 - 6 minutes it took at BLT. If people are trying change their room assignment it takes longer.

Now with Magicbands rearing their ugly heads, I fail to see the point of online check in.

It's really pre-registration of your information (credit card). A lot of people get confused and think a room is assigned at the time of online check-in. There's no difference in room assignment. I requested top floor, near the elevator at BWV in October both with member services & online check-in. Ended up 3 rooms from the end of the hall on the 3rd floor. Arrived around 12:45pm. Never received the text that the room was ready, I went to the front desk at 3:45 and it was ready.

I'm just curious why you think MBs alter online check in?
They don't alter it. I just think the probs they bring mean it's not going to be a quick process anyway so why bother? My niece was able to charge to the room on their last trip, so I don't think I'm going to allow charging to the room anymore.

Nope, no benefit from my experience. I did on-line check in and yet when I got to the resort, the CM with the clip board controling the check-in line didn't seem to know what on-line check in was. There were about 6 people waiting to check in, so I went to her and asked "I did on-line check in, do I have to wait in THIS line?" She looked at me like I was speaking a very foreign language and said "Yes, wait here." When I got to the desk, I verified that there was no separate line...

Every resort we've been to has a stanchion with a sign for online checkin. You are usually (in our experience) sent to any cm that becomes available, but there should have been a separate line.

It's really pre-registration of your information (credit card).

but you don't have to do that. It's not obvious by you can just click through that screen without a cc.

I do online checkin to let them know the approximate time I'll be getting there.

They don't alter it. I just think the probs they bring mean it's not going to be a quick process anyway so why bother? My niece was able to charge to the room on their last trip, so I don't think I'm going to allow charging to the room anymore.

It has still be a really quick process for us, but then, we haven't had problems with our MB.

Every resort we've been to has a stanchion with a sign for online checkin. You are usually (in our experience) sent to any cm that becomes available, but there should have been a separate line.

When I stayed at BWV, there was an online check-in sign and that station was busy when I got there. I was standing where the rope was when another cm became available and called me over. I said I have online check-in, she said anyone can take you. I think if it was a separate line, it would take you longer, especially when a DME bus rolls in and a long line forms.

The original intent of online check-in is that you would "grab and go". But then people want to stand there and ask about different room choices, etc.

but you don't have to do that. It's not obvious by you can just click through that screen without a cc.

I do online checkin to let them know the approximate time I'll be getting there.

Right, but the point I was trying to make is online check-in is not actually checking into to a room. It's just registering information.

I've never found an advantage of letting them know the time. It's rarely ready when I arrive.

When I online check in, I've always been stopped by a cast member outside the doors, with their ipad. They look me up, and then either go to get my stuff (MB, parking pass etc.) or take me to a cast member behind a check in desk to complete everything. Whole process is 3-5 minutes.

I've had good luck with online check-in - usually just a few minutes.

A few days ago, I did online check-in for our Feb trip and indicated I wanted text notification when my room was ready. It showed something I hadn't seen before:

"If you already have a MagicBand or admission card, the notification may provide your room number and inform you that you may proceed directly to your room upon arrival at your Resort."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter