Early December vs Early Feb Crowds

ckoshka

Earning My Ears
We are looking into going either the first full week of December or the first full week of February. I know both times are considered low times, but I was looking for opinions on crowd sizes. I saw the predictions on touringplans and they are showing Feb being more crowded than Dec and I thought it would be the reverse. Any thoughts?

Can't speak about December but the first of February 2017 had bad crowds. Elbow to elbow.

Both are about the same imo.

The two things I would consider between choosing would be December for Christmas decorations, or February for usually cooler weather that feels amazing

Either way, you're choosing between my two favorite months to go

We did early December and crowds were fine at all parks except for MK. With so many party nights the non party days at MK seemed to be nuts. Our Monday at MK was a crowd level 9 and it was insanity. The rest of the week we did the other parks though and found the crowds just average and totally manageable. I've never done early February but late February was low crowds but chilly and rainy weather.

February IMHO is slower. Not slow because WDW hasn't been slow in many years, but slower if your asking about crowds specifically.

Been to both, I think 1st week in Feb is much less crowded but the weather can be colder. I guess it depends where you are coming from. I prefer early Dec for the Decorations, the parties, activities...worth the crowds. Both will be managable.

In our experience, they are close, but we find February less crowded. It will be cooler and park hours shorter sometimes, but the crowds are very light. :)

February weather can be hit or miss. This year it was 80's everyday. Several years ago it was chilly and overcast the whole week.

TP is wrong. Early February is less crowded, but it also sometimes has miserably cold weather without the plus of Christmas decorations. Even with the slightly higher crowds we prefer early December. Warmer, plus Christmas decorations and events.

We have been early December several times, and it was busy with moderate crowds but doable. We even went during Jersey week which was crowded but okay. Never been during Pop Warner week, try to avoid it like the plague:)
We went for the first time in February this year. We were there from the 6th to the 16, so don't know if that qualifies for the first of Feb?
We found the weather to be great (70's), and the crowds to be pretty low. Of course, MK, is always busy, but very doable. We only saw 2 BTG's and they did not cause problems at all. There were some cheer groups but they only slowed the lines down if you got in behind them.
Personally, we loved February. We know we got lucky on the weather though.
We also did our homework and avoided MLK day, the half marathon, and President's day due to the expected high crowds.
We love both times of the year, but found it refreshing Not to have decorations up.

I would agree with others that crowds are similar but Dec is better for Christmas decorations. The weather is hit or miss always. You could get a really cold or warm (not hot) week either time. We did switch from early Feb to early March for better weather. I always go the week after Thanksgiving which is really slow and only one week before the week you're talking about. Some Christmas things might be busy on the weekends since locals will be going for that. You could do Christmas things during the week as much as possible then do other things on the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter