Early Entry DAS

Anyone else have any recent experience with this? Heading to WDW next week and wondering specifically about ROTR; planning to use EEPE and hoping we can grab a return time for ROTR during that time, and then take advantage of the low waits to get on other headliners.

Same -thanks for bringing up-I also leave next week. Hope you have a great trip!

Does everyone in your party need to be tapped into the park for 1) DAS or 2) Genie+ ride times?
DAS = yes, or you can only get the DAS Return Time for those who are tapped into the park
Genie+ = no, you can book Genie+ from your resort or even from home if arriving later that day

You can get return times as soon as you enter the park, but you can't get a return time for any attraction that isn't officially open and you can't get return times for any attraction before the official early entry time. Say the early entry time is 8:30am but they allow you to enter the park at 8:20 am, you can get return times for shows, but not rides at that point in time. As soon as 8:30 hits you can get return times for attractions that are officially open for early entry. So if at Animal Kingdom, you can get a return time for Flights of Passage at 8:30 AM, but because Kilimanjaro Safaris isn't officially open for early entry, you can't get one for that attraction, even though it usually opens for early entry.

Unless they changed something in the past month, you can schedule a return time as soon as the ride opens during early entry and it does work for extended evening as well.

We just got back yesterday, and like others are saying above, you have to be in the park and the ride has to be working in order to get the DAS reservation. We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday and Rise was down for about 3 hours, starting at early entry. I just kept checking throughout the morning and once the ride was up and running, I was able to get a reservation for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter