Early entry- Do they check entire family?

funcinderella

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in August. My brother would like to join us, but we all have the dreammaker package and he has an annual pass, so they will not let us just add him to our room without having to get the dreammaker package also. If he gets a room outside of Disney, will he be able to accompany us to early entry, or are they really strict?

They were checking everyones resort keys as you put your AP in the machine at AK on Monday Morning. If he stays at the Hilton at Downtown Disney they participate in the EHM.

They didn't check ours at at all last time we went to EMH. I was furious w/ DH becuase he left our resort key cards back in the room. It was over Spring Break, the Sunday after the time change to DLS, and it was FREEZING! I got the 4 kids up at the crack of dawn to get to MK by 7:00 (which was really 6:00 due to the time change) only to find out we had no resort cards. I could just imagine us sitting out there freezing for an hour waiting for MK to open, but DH talked to to the CM and she told us that it was ok and that we didn't need them anyway! :confused: I think we were just fortunate to get a clueless CM at the turnstile.

What resort are you guys staying at? He may be able to get a room with a discount with this AP. Or you could try to add him on to your room when you check in. We got a package with Expedia one year but I didnt put my mil on because she didnt need the UPH. I called the resort directly and they added her on to our room.

We just returned and when we did EE, they only checked the adults, but they did check all adults. I don't know if you have any children in your group, but they do issue them a room key, too.

Originally posted by KimR
I think we were just fortunate to get a clueless CM at the turnstile.

You may be right about that.;)

My son and I were also there that morning. Our CM was a resort ID police. She kept yelling "Have your room key out! Have your room key out!" :hyper:

They have never asked for both of ours. I usually have mine out and hubby never has his out and they wave us in. We seldom do EMH anymore, just too crowded now. Was better back in the olden days. Last September we had a group of 6 and we were lucky if one of us would have a card out. I was a little discouraged that they didn't really check any better than they did. The only EMH we do is MK and AK, so don't know about the others.

I heard the "Have your room key out!" command this past March, but usually one or more of my adult kids or guests, 18 to 25 yrs old, would be without theirs and we were all let in when I told the CM that the miscreant was with the rest of us.

Bill From PA

I saw someone shown the gate out when he put his ticket into the turnstile, entered the park and then did not have a resort ID. Others in his party got through without showing theirs, but he got caught and was shown out by the CM.

We have had to show ours (entire family) at TTC, DS and AK.

We were not asked for a room key at MK on May 6th nor was anyone around us. We were prepared and brought not only the grown up keys, but our 4 year old niece's key as well.

princess: Shelly

Originally posted by funcinderella
We are going to WDW in August. My brother would like to join us, but we all have the dreammaker package and he has an annual pass, so they will not let us just add him to our room without having to get the dreammaker package also. If he gets a room outside of Disney, will he be able to accompany us to early entry, or are they really strict?

Unless it has changed, you can add him to the room at checkin. The same thing happened to us a few years back. My family had a package and my FIL decided to join us at the last minute. The reservationist told us just to have him added at checkin, which we did with no problem. We all had length of stay passes and he had left over days on another pass that he used. I would call the resort directly and see what they say to do.

They checked last week on the mornings we went to EMH.

If they are still doing the evening EMH there is no way he would be able to get a wrist band without a resort key. My 6yr and 4yr had to hold their keys to get a band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter