Early Entry - monorail or main gate?

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
We're staying at DLH next month and trying to decide whether to use the monorail or head to the main gates on our DL early entry day. Now that Early Entry has been underway or a bit, I'd love to hear experiences or opinions on the fastest way to get inside the park for EE. I hear the lines at the turnstiles are crazy and monorail may be less crowded, but my fear is that we'd line up for monorail, and it would break down or get delayed, and we'll have lost our entire EE time. Thoughts? Experiences?

On the rope drop thread someone posted they were successful using her monorail but only because they were on the first one of the morning!

On the rope drop thread someone posted they were successful using her monorail but only because they were on the first one of the morning!
Thanks! I think we could definitely get on the first train, but if it doesn’t run until 7:30 and something goes wrong, like a breakdown or delayed start, we could lose our whole EE. It’s the uncertainty that is stressing me out. I’ll probably end up going to the main gate and shuffling through the line just to avoid the anxiety of counting on the monorail.

I love taking the Monorail first thing. I've never had it break down or be delayed in the morning, but I guess that can depend on the day. Tomorrowland is always empty when we get off at the station and it's a quick walk over to Fantasyland from there. So nice not being in the long lines at the front gate.

You could go over early and take a look and even ask the CMs if the Monorail is running on schedule. Worst case scenario it’s another 5-10 minute walk to the gates.

Personally, I’d go to the main gate and line up early.

We were there for early entry last Friday and Saturday, arriving at the gates around 7:15-20 and were maybe 15-20 people back from our respective gate.

They started pre-scanning the first few people around 7:25 and opened up the turnstiles promptly at 7:30. Both days we saw the first monorail of the day going into the parks before they even started pre-scanning, so those people definitely got a head start.

On Saturday, there was a party of 6 in front of us that had an issue with their tickets and instead of pulling them to the side even though there were two employees at the turnstile, they jammed up the gate while we were watching our precious early entry minutes tick away (though we were still in by 7:35). So I would definitely suggest the monorail route.

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate hearing from both sides. After reading responses, I'm tempted to take a chance on the monorail! I'll probably decide that morning, spur-of-the-moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter