Early Entry Question?

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
On check in day to a Disney hotel do we get early entry?
And if we do get early entry, do I need to check in first people going to the gates? Or can I just drop off luggage and go strait to the gates?

Early Entry is included starting the day you check-in, which means you can use it that day if you can arrive early enough. You'll need to show your room key or reservation when you check-in for Early Entry in the parks. This means you'll need to either arrive early enough to check-in in person, or the easier option (which I recommend) is checking-in online early (a few days ahead), so that you'll be ready to swipe in with your app or show the reservation on your phone as soon as midnight hits on the day of your check-in.

Early Entry is included starting the day you check-in, which means you can use it that day if you can arrive early enough. You'll need to show your room key or reservation when you check-in for Early Entry in the parks. This means you'll need to either arrive early enough to check-in in person, or the easier option (which I recommend) is checking-in online early (a few days ahead), so that you'll be ready to swipe in with your app or show the reservation on your phone as soon as midnight hits on the day of your check-in.
Thank u! That is exactly what I needed to know.

I'm so glad you asked this because I had the same question. I had also read somewhere that EE isn't every day... Is that still true; that EE days are just certain days? We will only be there Weds-Thurs: Jan31-Feb 1.

I'm so glad you asked this because I had the same question. I had also read somewhere that EE isn't every day... Is that still true; that EE days are just certain days? We will only be there Weds-Thurs: Jan31-Feb 1.
Early Entry is offered every day. However, you'll be visiting after the new rules are implemented. (See below)

"Starting January 20, 2024, the early entry benefit will be updated, and Guests with valid park admission and reservations who are checked in and staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels may take advantage of this 30-minute early entry into a designated theme park for every day of their hotel stay. Each day, either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park will be open early. Please check the theme park calendar for the schedule."

You’ll definitely want to get there early enough to drop off your bags to be held by bellhop too.

whatever time you drop your bags off, just make sure that you’re in line to get into the parks a good hour before official park opening. You don’t have to be first in that line but you want to be there right when they open the gates. Disney hotel guest will enter main street with everybody else when they allow people and that you’ll want to stay to the right hand side because the queue for the hotel guest early entry, is to the right side sort of near the plaza inn
There will be a cast member holding a sign, and while everyone will line up near the hub of the castle or the ropes of each land. The early entry people will be lined up in a separate area. They’ll want to see your reservation in your app or a room key to verify. And then right at 7:30 they’ll let you in, while everybody else will have to wait until rope drop at 8:00

Early Entry is offered every day. However, you'll be visiting after the new rules are implemented. (See below)

"Starting January 20, 2024, the early entry benefit will be updated, and Guests with valid park admission and reservations who are checked in and staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels may take advantage of this 30-minute early entry into a designated theme park for every day of their hotel stay. Each day, either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park will be open early. Please check the theme park calendar for the schedule."
I'm hoping they at least keep to somewhat of a pattern like in the before times, but this makes it seem like it will be variable with mention of the theme park calendar. I know with the hotel bucket you will basically be able to change things around if needed, but it sort of screws up any morning dining plans before 11am.

I'm hoping they at least keep to somewhat of a pattern like in the before times, but this makes it seem like it will be variable with mention of the theme park calendar. I know with the hotel bucket you will basically be able to change things around if needed, but it sort of screws up any morning dining plans before 11am.
I read the calendar reference more to the effect of : please check the calendar and make TP reservations accordingly. Because if someone has reservations for DCA and that day’s ETPE is DL, CMs are going to have some frustrated, angry guests at the entry gates…
“But we are staying at the DLH. We were told that means we’re entitled to ETPE. Why aren’t you letting us in? So what if our ressies are for DCA. It’s not our fault that early entry isn’t for both parks anymore. You *have* to let us in…”

I would expect that they will either do every other day for each park, or maybe they will assign parks based on which parks are busier on particular days. It’s hard to say which they’ll go with, but I suspect it will be the first.

I read the calendar reference more to the effect of : please check the calendar and make TP reservations accordingly. Because if someone has reservations for DCA and that day’s ETPE is DL, CMs are going to have some frustrated, angry guests at the entry gates…
“But we are staying at the DLH. We were told that means we’re entitled to ETPE. Why aren’t you letting us in? So what if our ressies are for DCA. It’s not our fault that early entry isn’t for both parks anymore. You *have* to let us in…”

I would expect that they will either do every other day for each park, or maybe they will assign parks based on which parks are busier on particular days. It’s hard to say which they’ll go with, but I suspect it will be the first.
Good points! Fingers crossed, that would be a better system.

Thank you for responding. That's interesting. I agree that could be frustrating if you made your reservation for the designated parks for a different day than EE. Since we are only going for 2 days, I will really need to pay attention to that prior to making our reservation. Right now the calendar only goes thru the first week of December.

That's a bit frustrating TBH with park reservations. I'll probably call in to change park reservations if needed because I'd hate to cancel for one park and then not be able to rebook it for the other park on the same day...

It honestly eats in to even more of the benefit of staying onsite. First it was 1hr early entry, then to 30min, and now 30min to whatever park they decide. I wonder if staffing issues are the reason for the change.

Can you explain this like im a 5 year old ? My hotel reservation isnt enough? I’d have to check in with my phone?

That's a bit frustrating TBH with park reservations. I'll probably call in to change park reservations if needed because I'd hate to cancel for one park and then not be able to rebook it for the other park on the same day...

It honestly eats in to even more of the benefit of staying onsite. First it was 1hr early entry, then to 30min, and now 30min to whatever park they decide. I wonder if staffing issues are the reason for the change.
So they’re changing this after reservations are over? So they are making you go to a certain park of their choosing because if you dont? Then youll just get regular entry at the other one? How soon are they going to update this calendar?

So they’re changing this after reservations are over? So they are making you go to a certain park of their choosing because if you dont? Then youll just get regular entry at the other one? How soon are they going to update this calendar?
Is Disneyland getting park reservations as well? I read before that was just for World, but I'd be stoked if DL got rid of it as well.

But yes, it sounds like starting Jan. 20 only one park will have early entry on any given day, and the other you would have to rope drop with everyone else. The calendar will likely be updated 60 days out, and since this change doesn't take place until later in Jan., we won't know what this change looks like on the calendar until late Nov.

Is Disneyland getting park reservations as well? I read before that was just for World, but I'd be stoked if DL got rid of it as well.

But yes, it sounds like starting Jan. 20 only one park will have early entry on any given day, and the other you would have to rope drop with everyone else. The calendar will likely be updated 60 days out, and since this change doesn't take place until later in Jan., we won't know what this change looks like on the calendar until late Nov.
Wow I’d have to verify again that it is for DL as well. That would be great I agree.

Also thats such a bummer!!! Should reduce nightly rates if they're going to do that.
Also wondering what strategy could be used..go to the park that has EE or not?
Eould people go to the park that doesnt have the EE (so it gets more crowded at rope drop) or go to the one with EE assuming regular crowd is less and DL hotels guests are negligeable.

Im a total rope drop fan so I’m wondering what people will do

Wow I’d have to verify again that it is for DL as well. That would be great I agree.

Also thats such a bummer!!! Should reduce nightly rates if they're going to do that.
Also wondering what strategy could be used..go to the park that has EE or not?
Eould people go to the park that doesnt have the EE (so it gets more crowded at rope drop) or go to the one with EE assuming regular crowd is less and DL hotels guests are negligeable.

Im a total rope drop fan so I’m wondering what people will do

I am pretty sure that Disneyland is continuing with park reservations for everyone. I can't find anything mentioning removal for Disneyland, only Walt Disney World.

I am pretty sure that Disneyland is continuing with park reservations for everyone. I can't find anything mentioning removal for Disneyland, only Walt Disney World.
Ok good to know. Although I doubt actually reserving a park will be a problem 60 days out

Ok good to know. Although I doubt actually reserving a park will be a problem 60 days out
Probably not. I think they will have the schedule pretty set. I have also read that for resort guests, the park reservation pool is huge and really makes no difference. I haven't bought tickets yet for our March trip, but whenever I have looked, stuff was wide open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter