Early Morning Hours I must have missed something or am I completely stupid

look1angel

Forever a Disney Fan
I once read somewhere to stay away from the parks that have EMH. Up until two years ago I always stayed off property, now as a DVC member staying on property, I always thought this would be a nice perk?

I've never done the EMH & was planning on taking advantage of them in Nov.(although my Princess daughter would prefer to sleep in :lmao:)

Are the parks with EMH really that crowded? Would it be a waste of my time? I'll be there the week before Thanksgiving when most all schools are in session.

I have done a couple of the EEH & they weren't bad at all (third week in Oct & second week in Dec)

So for all you Disney experts, what's your say on it? Thanks :)

Well we had gone during the summer and holidays, never during thanksgiving, I think is much less people. We love EMH in the morning, not many people, we do rides, get fast passes, take pictures stuff like that, no waiting for meet and greet etc. EMH at night are more crowded, specially the MK.

I would say go for it.

Thanks, I think I will give it a shot. Was just worried because some people were adamant about staying away. I'm too old (and out of shape:rotfl:) to be racing across the park, been there done that.

The meet and greet actually sounds like a better idea. Getting that out of the way early would be great. Thanks again. :)

I always find that I love going to EMH in the mornings and then switch parks when it gets busy. You can do so much in the morning before the masses and let in. I think that it's worth a try and if it's too busy, go to another park.
One more thing, we loved the EMH (am) at AK. We went straight to the Safari and we saw so many more animals first thing in the morning. We had to wait 10 minutes while three rhinos had their morning run around our jeep. It was great!

I've only heard that you should stay away from the parks with EMH if you don't have park hoppers. We do morning EMH most days during our trip and have always felt it was worth it.

In my experience, the parks are not crowded during the morning EMH but we always go back to the hotel for a nap or hop to another park by around 11:30. The parks started getting crowded around that time as the regular guests were coming in and adding to the guests that were already there for EMH. If you don't have park hoppers, you would be stuck in a busy park for the afternoon.

We especially love morning EMH at MK. We are able to do all of Fantasyland and most of the other attractions we want to do before any crowds/lines start to form. We've also been able to take pictures in front of the castle that just have our kids/family in them. It seems like a huge crowd when you're waiting for rope drop, but the people quickly disperse into the park and most of the rides are walk-on/under 5 min waits.

The past few years we always did EMH and I agree that the crowds aren't too bad for the first couple of hours and you can get a lot of attractions done. This year I experimented with skipping EMH and found that getting there for rope drop on a non-EMH day worked pretty well. The bonus was that it was much easier to get the kids up at 6:30 than at 5:30. We always go in August so I don't know what it's like the week you are going.

Well I'm sold! Thanks everyone, looks like my Princess will have to be sure she gets a good night's sleep because we're going! And yes we have AP's so park hopping I'm sure will be in order. So excited 40 more days to go :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter