Early morning return flight-which transportation?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I have an early morning flight (at LAX) for my return flight home, meaning I'd have to leave Howard Johnson hotel at around 4:30 am (my flight's at 7:00). Which form of transportation would you recommend-airport bus, super shuttle, other? I'll be solo, which might affect cost comparison. Can you believe it? I haven't even gotten there yet, and I'm already stressing about my return!

I think your best bet is to go with SuperShuttle. We had a return flight leaving around 8 AM (departure from John Wayne, however). We called them just the night before to make a reservation, and requested a pick up time of 5:30. They told us it would show up between 5:25 and 5:40. The van actually got there at 5:30. The only thing you should know is you can possibly make multiple stops at other hotels before reaching the airport, so give yourself plenty of time when deciding on a pick up time. Better to show up early at LAX than racing to catch your flight!

The front desk staff at HoJo also recommended Jag Transportation. It's a towncar service, with private driver. They always showed up before schedule when we went to Knotts Berry Farm or nearby attractions, and the service was courteous and very professional. They usually offer a flat rate... it's a little expensive, but it gives you incredible peace of mind.

Hope this helps!
I know you'll enjoy your trip!

Will your hotel provide transportation to the airport? We stayed at a hotle near LAX last summer, & they provided complimentary transportation to & from LAX. If you are at a hotel near DL, then you might want to consider a hotel closer to LAX the night before your departure.

If you're staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza Anaheim (on Harbord Blvd), I don't think they provide complimentary transportation to LAX (actually, they don't even offer transportation to SNA airport, or even Disneyland for that matter). And since your flight departs early, Amtrak trains won't operate at that time either. So I only suggest you choose between taxi (meter can get expensive), towncar service (expensive but very efficient) or SuperShuttle (good rate but time consuming). Maybe there's something I forgot?

reservations for transportation for you. They recommended JAG for us...we were flying out of John Wayne. It was $35 for three of us to John Wayne. If you e-mail HoJo's I'm sure they can provide you with information about the various services.

I would use JAG again in a second. Their service was door-to-door, and a flat rate, rather than a meter.

I'm like you- I like everything settled before the vacation starts. I'm sure the folks at HoJo's will provide you with the info. I really appreciated not having to make the reservations myself!

Thanks all! How does super shuttle work? Do I have to amke reservations now? Do they follow a set schedule, like a bus, or do they arrive on your schedule? About how long might it take me to get to LAX, using them, allowing for other stops? But I appreciate the suggestion about JAG. I think I will take your suggestion and contact the hotel about them.

If you'd like to use SuperShuttle, I suggest you make a reservation well in advance so that your plans are set. They will be asking you for your flight number, flight departure time, and you decide if you want to be at LAX 2, or 3 hours before take off. This will determine the pick up time. And they will show up according to your schedule.

The staff at Howard Johnson can really help you with your transportation needs, regardless of what company you have in mind. They are great!

Our last trip we used Airport Bus. We had a 6:30am flight from SNA, so were catching the bus around 4:30. The CM at the desk told us the wrong place to wait, so we ended up watching the bus go by without stopping. The CM was very apologetic, and called the bus company who immediatley sent another bus to pick us up, and bring us to meet the original bus, which was waiting at the Airport Bus office. Whole thing took about 15 minutes, and we got to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter