Early Morning

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
We are staying at GCV and today is my birthday. DH is up with me because I want to walk in to California Adventure when it opens for resort guests. We have not made it to any other early morning this week. Monday was DH’s birthday and he wanted to sleep late and stay in Disneyland late. I am wondering how many people will be there at 7:00, it is awfully early. My sons said absolutely not, not even for my birthday, but they will meet me at The Plaza Inn for breakfast with Minnie and friends. I will report on the crowds later.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I will be there!

My adult son is less than pleased with getting up so early. I don’t understand cranky people at Disney! :rotfl:

Happy birthday! Your family would not like doing Disney with mine...we are always up and waiting at the gates for early mornings, even if it's 7 am. In fact I like those days the best, because the parks aren't as crowded that early and you have extra time to enjoy the parks before the lazy people show up around 11 am. Hope you had a good time!

Update, I had a great day. DH and I did 10 rides before breakfast. We went back to the hotel for a little afternoon rest and went back to the parks until 11:00. It was a perfect day.

I am a morning person, no one else is. When they were little, I would just get them up and go. Now it is just not worth it.

Update, I had a great day. DH and I did 10 rides before breakfast. We went back to the hotel for a little afternoon rest and went back to the parks until 11:00. It was a perfect day.

I am a morning person, no one else is. When they were little, I would just get them up and go. Now it is just not worth it.
This is always our strategy! I'd much prefer to lose a bit of sleep for those golden morning hours. In fact, I'm usually awake from excitement anyway. Years ago for our first 7am EMH DH grumbled a bit, but then when we were checking off the attractions one after the other he understood why I dragged him out of bed so early. :-)

Happy Belated Birthday by the way!

Happy belated birthday! When we go to Disneyland, I let my family know, if they are not ready to go first thing in the morning, that is fine, and they can find me in the parks when they decide to get up and get going! I love riding the Monorail and the train first thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter