early November crowds

Think the first week of November is considered "Jersey" week as most teachers have conventions/off that week so it's almost like an unofficial break.

I've been at Disney for Birthday/Wedding preparation 2013-2015.

I don't think it's overly busy but there was still a decent amount of people there.

Weather is a crap shoot. Last November when were there was the coldest it's ever been while I was visiting. We had on 3 layers of clothes, hat, scarves and gloves. I've also been in November and worn shorts before.

anybody been early november? hows thw crowds& temperatures?

It’s never not busy. It’ll be crowded. Not Christmas or 4th of July shoulder to shoulder status, but still a lot of people. There’s always a lot of people these days.

Last edited:

With Star Wars open I would expect this November to be very busy. On my trip last November crowds were the same as other times of the year. To be honest, I feel like it's been equally busy when I've gone in May, April, June, July, August, November and December. The only months I've visited that felt quieter were very early September and January. In November we had great weather with no rain and highs in the 70s every day. It was slightly cool for swimming in my opinion but it could be done.

Early November is moderately busy, with quite heavy crowds on the weekends, but you might get a few slower days during the week. Back in the mid 2000's, it was a fantastic time to go, but the last few trips in the 2010's have been busy.

It is true that there is really no slow season anymore.

anybody been early november? hows thw crowds& temperatures?

We have been in early November (3rd - 13th) for the past couple years. Yes, it is busy. Temperature is lovely and warm. We're going a bit later this year (9th - 19th) and hoping for the best.

Weather is a crap shoot. Last November when were there was the coldest it's ever been while I was visiting. We had on 3 layers of clothes, hat, scarves and gloves. I've also been in November and worn shorts before.

What time in November was that? We were there the 3rd - 13th and it was not even long sleeve weather.

What time in November was that? We were there the 3rd - 13th and it was not even long sleeve weather.

Is was the last week of November. We were there the 25th - the 30th. I've also been the first week of December and seen the 40s. Granted those are 2 times in 35 years of going so it's definitely not the norm.

As others have stated its somewhat busy because its Jersey Week and also F&W, but as the following weekend approaches it starts to really get busier because of Veterans Day Weekend on top of it all.

The Food & Wine Festival will keep it busy, especially on the weekends. We wished we had been able to go to Epcot on a weekday for our visit last month. Sunday at the Flower & Garden Festival (and the addition of Dapper Days) made it crazy busy. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously (the ELO concert was terrific!) and the weather was great, but it was wall-to-wall people.

Is was the last week of November. We were there the 25th - the 30th. I've also been the first week of December and seen the 40s. Granted those are 2 times in 35 years of going so it's definitely not the norm.

I was there last year freezing with you!!

We typically go the week before Thanksgiving week...often between Jersey Week/Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. Weather can be anything. Prepare for anything. Crowds are decent on weekdays, but weekends get a little busy

we were there jersey week-november 5-10, 2018. it was hot-kids could swim, warm in jeans weather and it was crowded. as we got closer to the weekend, since it backed up to veteran's day, it was so busy.

also be careful because they were taping the christmas special the weekend of november 10 + 11, last year and that added to the crowds.

warning to all jersey week and veteran's day coincide this year. jersey teachers convention is thurs nov 7 - fri nov 8 and veteran's day is that following monday - nov 11. we deliberately pushed our trip to avoid that and are trying our luck with the week of the 18th - between veteran's day and thanksgiving - seemed like the best chance for low crowds for that entire month

Looking at historical data is not be a good marker beginning in September and for the next few years to follow. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is going to be a game-changer; at least for a while.

Last edited:
warning to all jersey week and veteran's day coincide this year. jersey teachers convention is thurs nov 7 - fri nov 8 and veteran's day is that following monday - nov 11. we deliberately pushed our trip to avoid that and are trying our luck with the week of the 18th - between veteran's day and thanksgiving - seemed like the best chance for low crowds for that entire month

Us too. We are the 9th - 19th this year. We don't bother going to the parks on the weekend when we arrive, so we should be okay.

Jersey week is the 1st full week of November for my kids. We're planning to only do disney parks on Monday and Tuesday. Most NJ districts only give the latter half of the week off.

We went for Veterans Day long weekend last year and it was the busiest I’ve ever seen it! It was the end of Food and Wine, Jersey Week, and a holiday, which I think compounded into crazy crowds. We found it busier than Christmas. The weather was great - hot! We had pool time every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter