• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Plaza Inn breakfast?

seobaina

DIS Veteran
Hi
Just wondering - is it possible to book a breakfast at plaza inn before the park opens? We did this in WDW and it was great to walk up a quiet main street.

Thanks

I think it opens before the park, but it's not like at WDW. I think it only opens 20 or 40 minutes ahead, and you don't get the opportunity for photos like you do at WDW.

I think it opens before the park, but it's not like at WDW. I think it only opens 20 or 40 minutes ahead, and you don't get the opportunity for photos like you do at WDW.

Oh really? :( Even as you walk up to the meal?

Photopass is not out. And I know they do let guests fill in on Main Street at some point prior to park open. There is a rope nobody goes beyond. The restaurant is about even with that rope so you don't even get up near the castle.

Oh that's a shame. I figured photopass wouldn't be around but I was hoping for a few cheeky shots of the castle etc. Thank you

No much chance of that the days they start reservations 20 minutes before park open as I'm pretty sure Main Street will be filling with guests by then. I'm thinking there are some days they open 40 minutes out. Hopefully someone will confirm and say whether it's possible to get a shot at least by the rope on the way in.

Actually Minnie & friends has 50 mins prior to opening on MM days. And they will let you in the character dining gate at soon as they begin letting the MM folks in. So while it is not as empty as when you go to Crystal Palace before the park opens at MK, It's not too bad if you are there early.

that's what we did - 7:10am reservation on a day with 7am EE/MM (we are off site) a few days before Christmas. We walked down a fairly empty main street as the folks who had EE/MM were sprinting ahead to get to the rides. We finished our meal just at 9 and was able to do rope drop on the left side of the park.

We just made our 9/29 Plaza Inn reservation for 10:10am, that way we can take advantage of our EMH (we're assuming EMH is at 9 since first breakfast reservation is 9:10...curse you DL and your system of reservation schedules coming out before park schedules) and then go enjoy breakfast! We thought about doing it earlier but didn't want to lose our EMH time eating breakfast.

I'd still recommend doing an early breakfast because the food is fresh, you might get to see more characters, and you're still getting the experience without eating up park time.

We were planning on doing the same thing. It seems like it's not the same at Disneyland. On days that there is no mm what is the earliest reservation time that you can get?

We did the breakfast at 7:10 on a MM (we had already used our MM passes on a previous day). We were the second ones in the restaurant and it remained pretty empty for about 20 minutes. Most of the characters came around twice and we had a lot of interaction with them. We saw 9 (Minnie, Chip, Dale, Hook, Rafiki, Godmother, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore) and were out at about 7:50. I would definitely do that time again.

Were you able to get a couple pictures on Main Street and by the castle while the park was empty? Meaning before you went in to breakfast?

We were let in with the Magic Morning visitors, so it wasn't really empty. We were let in pretty much at 7 and by the time we walked down Main Street, we didn't have a lot of extra time.

We were let in with the Magic Morning visitors, so it wasn't really empty. We were let in pretty much at 7 and by the time we walked down Main Street, we didn't have a lot of extra time.
Hmm, but could you have made your reservation 15 minutes later or something so that you DID have time for those pictures? Or would they not have let you in at that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter