Early Super Bowl Talk

Babs Johnson

DIS Veteran
Before this weekend, there are 49 possible Super Bowl matchups.

IMG_0381.jpeg

Are there any extremely unlikely scenarios you’d enjoy seeing? Or do you prefer a certain opponent for your favorite team?

I’m a casual Baltimore Ravens fan, but a Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns match would make me happy. Their long suffering fans should get at least a moment of joy. Of course, for one team the misery will be prolonged.

Cleveland here, not a huge american football fan but it's hard to not get caught up in the hype. I have friends who have lived and breathed the Browns their entire lives and I'd be so happy for them and this city if they went to the Superbowl and won. Heck the hype when the Cavs one was fantastic.

This might be one of the most unpredictable seasons ever (although I expect most turn out that way!). The only 'for sure' I see at this point is SF from the NFC - UNLESS they suffer an injury to McCaffrey and/or Deebo - then they're right back in the middle of the pack in the NFC. I'm not wishing injuries - they're a great team, but are led by the 2 dynamic backs/receivers. AFC, hard to not argue that Baltimore has been the best team - but a divisional match-up in the playoffs, if it happens? All bets are off for those games. But Lamar is playing amazing (easily the MVP, IMO), the offense is playing really well, and their defense can stop most teams. And this weekend, the weather is most definitely going to be a factor for some of these games!!

I’m first and foremost a Giants fan, but I’ve lived in the Houston area for nearly 27 years and would love to see the Texans surprise everyone by going deep in the playoffs. Then again, with a rookie QB and first year head coach, nobody was expecting this…especially after last year’s dismal season. Locals really loved it when Ryans was announced as head coach and Stroud seems to be a good kid that’s fun to watch. There’s just an energy we haven’t seen in some time.

It’s highly highly unlikely, but that Dallas/Houston matchup possibility would be epic. It would be a marketing dream as well.

Don't really care about football or the half-time show, but the Superbowl commercials are usually fun to watch. I liked the last few years when one of the snack food companies had a competition to see who could create the funniest/most memorable commercial. Don't think they are doing that this year. And probably won't see as many of those crypto commercials either..............LOL.

Before the season started, I, as a Texans fan, was like this:

giphy.gif

Now they're playing with house money and I want to see how far they can go. But most importantly, I have a bunch of friends in Cleveland so a win this weekend over the Browns would be extra sweet.

What's more of an underdog story than Travis and Taylor?

(Is this used as a sarcasm font here?)

Before this weekend, there are 49 possible Super Bowl matchups.

View attachment 825143

Are there any extremely unlikely scenarios you’d enjoy seeing? Or do you prefer a certain opponent for your favorite team?

I’m a casual Baltimore Ravens fan, but a Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns match would make me happy. Their long suffering fans should get at least a moment of joy. Of course, for one team the misery will be prolonged.
Bills vs Lions - with the similar idea.

Since the Iggles will get humiliated in their first and only playoff game, I’ll go with OP’s Lions vs. Browns matchup.

If the Iggles hadn’t pizzed away their season, I wooda chosen the Texans as their opponent.

Dolphins/49ers - rematch of 1985! Also the last time Dolphins made it to the superbowl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter