• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Earth Day 2017- Anything cool going on?

riddlemethis

Disney Mom
Hi everyone! We will be spending Earth Day in the Animal Kingdom and I am wondering if anyone else has been there for Earth Day and what kind of special things (if any) will be going on. I didn't see any on Disney's calendar when I looked last week.

Thanks!

Nothing really big most likely-probably some "activities" at Rafiki's,etc.

Maybe an appearance by Jiminy Cricket,etc.

I also always get a Birthday Button and put DAK on it.:)

Last year was supposed to be the opening day of rivers of light. Obviously that got pushed back.

For the past few years jiminy cricket has met at rafikis planet watch. His line was usually around an hour so if you want to meet him (this is the only time of year he regularly meets anymore) go early when he first starts for the day.

Last year Joe Rohde was on hand to sign one of his animal prints. There was a limited number of wrist bands and you could get one upon entry to the park. You had to pay for the print but all the proceeds went to Disney's conservation fund, which I like to support.

Keep your eye on the Disney parks blog, they'll most likely announce activities closer to the day.

Last year was supposed to be the opening day of rivers of light. Obviously that got pushed back.

For the past few years jiminy cricket has met at rafikis planet watch. His line was usually around an hour so if you want to meet him (this is the only time of year he regularly meets anymore) go early when he first starts for the day.

Last year Joe Rohde was on hand to sign one of his animal prints. There was a limited number of wrist bands and you could get one upon entry to the park. You had to pay for the print but all the proceeds went to Disney's conservation fund, which I like to support.

Keep your eye on the Disney parks blog, they'll most likely announce activities closer to the day.

Awesome! I was really hoping we could see Rivers of Light. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Next year I believe Earth Day 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of the opening of Animal Kingdom. I believe I'll be in attendance for that as I'm planning a Spring Break 2018 trip and Easter is early April next year. Hopefully they'll have some cool events for that.

Definitely look around for Jiminy Cricket. I believe he is around Animal Kingdom for a week around Earth Day.

I was wondering this too as I will be in AK on Earth Day also. It's always fun when there is something a little extra special happening.

We'll be there too. And it's our 17th anniversary. Looking very forward to celebrating with AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter