• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Earthquake in Japan

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫

Open up your heart and let the memories begin!
I'm sure most of you heard, but if not, a 8.9 earthquake struck Japan earlier. Countries such as New Zealand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Paupa New Guinea, Hawaii and even the coast of California have been warned of a Tsurnami that may be coming.

Please keep everyone in your thoughts & prayers as they go through a terrible time.

Im really scared for my family in hawaii

and where i live in california... all i know is 20 minutes from here, in hunnington beach schools are closed and all OC beaches are closed. im pretty sure im far enough in-land, but im still extremely nervous

prayers to my family in hawaii :sad2:

hope im safe right here tho. :headache:
so nervous right now :scared1: :sad2:

My prayers to all the families in these regions at risk of a tsunami. May God keep you all safe.

I find this so sad Japan, Hawaii, California, and Oregon were all hit by it :( I have tons of family who lives near the coast line of Oregon, and some of my friends went up to California today to do a college visit and there all in my hearts. Prayers to everyone hit

This is just so sad, I feel horrible for everyone over there. My heart, thoughts & prayers go out to them. <3
My dad is in California working right now, I was really worried about him, but I think he'll be okay.

I have a friend who went to Hawaii for vacation and she was still there when the news came out. I hope she's fine, possibly out of there and on her way home.

-At least 10,000 people have been killed
-Please make a donation to those who need it most :) maybe take some cash out of your Disney souvenir fund or something and send it to the Japanese; every little bit helps!

Just an update [from here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...ans-earthquake-shifted-balance-of-the-planet] :

- The earthquake was so powerful it actually shifted Eastern Japan about 13 feet closer to North America

- ...shifted the Earth's axis by 6.5 inches

- ...shortened the day by 1.6 microseconds

- ...and sank Japan downward by about 2 feet.

Guys, this is really, really insane. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

There's a near by high school band that was Hawaii when this happened,and they were trapped there. I prayed for them to come home safety.

My friend at school is Japanese. He thankfully wasn't there when all of this happened, but when he lived in Japan, he was about an hour away from Tokyo. His home was completely destroyed. I don't know about his family/friends living there. I would appreciate it if you could keep him in your prayers! Thanks! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter