Easier to get ADR for party of two or four?

DumboDash2006

Mouseketeer
We are staying off site and we are still not sure what days we will be in what parks etc (so overwhelmed by everything now). So I haven't made any dining reservations yet. There are only two we are hugely interested in and one (CP breakfast buffet) is not yet available. The other is Story Book dining with Snow White. I'm the one that really wants to go. Nobody else in our party cares (we are a group of eight, two different families). So it would be just dh and me. DD and her boyfriend are ambivalent but would go. Which reservation do you think I'd have a better chance of getting in the next month plus? We go in early March.

I play around with reservations and sometimes more is available for 4 than for 2. However, today, I tried party of 4 for Beaches and Cream and only got it for 2. If it's something hard to get, like Space 220 Lounge, I'd probably go for 2 because I believe they seat smaller parties. For instance, I just tried for March 31 and 2 times showed up for Space 220 lounge, while none showed up for a party of 4.

Edit to add: Seeing a lot more availability for a party of 2 than 4.

Last edited:
Agree with previous post. But it honestly also depends on restaurants. Some are designed for seating tables of 4 or 6, and 2 takes away from that. So easiest thing to do is try both and see what comes up.

This might not add much to the discussion, but its something to keep in mind at least. As previously stated it really depends on the restaurant and how many people have booked at that time. Some restaurants have more available seating for 4 than others. I have had it go both ways so there doesn't seem like there is any way to tell which is going to be easier (luck I guess). However, you should always check for both because I have seen strange things going on with reservations. Just 10 minutes ago I set up a cancel for another member here. I had a res for Space 220 Lounge for 3 people. When I cancelled it, it said nothing was available for 3 people. When changing it to 2 or 4 people, it showed up for both. Doesn't make much sense to me. Thats why I always check for 2,3 and 4.

Book whatever you can get at a workable time, 2 or 4. Two are often seated at a table for four.

If it's for 4, simply explain at check-in that the other two canceled. (Which you indicate may be the case)

You're not charged the no-show fee unless no one shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter