• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easiest way to Cabana Bay from Portofino

Koalayum

Earning My Ears
I have never stayed at Portofino and would love to do so. However, one of the members of our party wants to be on their own at Cabana Bay. I'd still like to go over there on occasion. Can anyone chime in about the easiest way of getting over to CB from Portofino? I guess a boat to city walk and then a boat to Sapphire Falls is the most clear answer to me.

Wasn't sure if the shuttle bus that takes you from Portofino to Volcano Bay would be an option for part of the day? Does anyone know if the VB bus drops you off/picks you up at an area accessible to Cabana Bay by foot?

I suppose if all else fails, lyft is an option. Thanks!

I have never stayed at Portofino and would love to do so. However, one of the members of our party wants to be on their own at Cabana Bay. I'd still like to go over there on occasion. Can anyone chime in about the easiest way of getting over to CB from Portofino? I guess a boat to city walk and then a boat to Sapphire Falls is the most clear answer to me.

Wasn't sure if the shuttle bus that takes you from Portofino to Volcano Bay would be an option for part of the day? Does anyone know if the VB bus drops you off/picks you up at an area accessible to Cabana Bay by foot?

I suppose if all else fails, lyft is an option. Thanks!
Any of them would work, none are super fast. You could do the 2 boats you mentioned, and walk across the road from SF to CB. You could boat to City Walk, walk up to the hub area, down the escalators and around the corner to the CB bus stop. While VB is open, you could take the bus to VB, head into the entrance area and branch off to the right to the CB walkway. They do not check if you are staying at CB on the way back from VB. (They do on the way there so you could not return to PB that way.)

Personally when I go from CB to Portofino I take the bus from CB to City walk (have to go through security in the hub) then the boat to PB.

Using the boats works. But you may spend time waiting for boats at one point or another. We always walked. In some cases it is faster. If walking does not bother you it's not a bad walk from Portofino to city walk were you can catch a boat to saphire falls. Depending on timing if your going towards SF when all are heading to parks your wait for a boat will be short. Although it will stop at RP before heading to SF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter