Easiest way to transfer deposit from package to room only?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I totally blanked on cancelled my package after booking a discounted room only and am now within 60 days. If I outright cancel, I will lose the 200 deposit. Is there an easy way to transfer it to the room only (for the same dates)? I tried to call but the hold time is over an hour.

It's 30 days, not 60 days. If you haven't had to pay for the package yet, you get a full refund.
  • Cancel 31+ days out, full refund
  • Full payment for packages due 30 days before arrival
  • Cancel 30-2 days out, refund minus $200
  • Cancel less than 2 days, forfeit the whole thing
  • There can also be a penalty for making changes to your trip within 30 days
Either way, you are going to have to sit on hold. The average wait is 2+ hours There is no easier/faster way.

You need to call. We just did this yesterday: cancelled a reservation for All-Star and booked for basically the same package just at a different resort. We're only a few days away though so I explained when I called and was put on hold for about 15 minutes (after waiting about an hour to talk to someone) and they were able to work on it on the back end. We avoided the cancellation fee (though they said this was because we were upgrading to a deluxe) and they applied our resort payment to the new reservation.

Complicated things like this always seem to warrant a phone call unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter