• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

East coast folks acclimating to Aulani....

I've been to Aulani twice, February 2012 and 2013. For early/late check in's and check outs, they have a room where you can change into a bathing suit or whatever you may want to do before you check in or depart. I haven't had to use it, but I know many do. It would be a good idea to have a change or clothes in a carry on, especially if coming from NJ. Keep in mind when leaving hotel to go into Honolulu whether for Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head....whatever, the traffic is bad. Be aware of time, especially rush hour. We had a rental car (husband prefers) to go where you want, when you want. You will notice many people leave the hotel for dinner. Whether it's across the street or Honolulu or anywhere! The food @ Aulani is very expensive and not very good. People who have a kitchen drive down the highway for a few minutes and go grocery shopping/Costco. Seen many bringing in groceries. The last time we went, we stopped at Leonards Bakery in Honolulu...fantastic! And took a drive to the North Shore...famous shaved ice place and Dole Plantation right down the road. Frist trip we did Pearl Harbor and a couple of other things. Second trip took it a little easier.
Have a wonderful time. It is truly a beautiful resort. I'm originally from NJ, been living in California for the past 13 years. Just got home from NJ July 31 after visiting family for two weeks.

Thanks for the insight...

We have 9:30AM tickets on a Saturday for Pearl Harbor. We were told be there an hour early to pick up our tickets.... what time should we leave Aulani to get to Pearl Harbor no later than 8:15 (giving us time to park)?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Thanks for the insight...

We have 9:30AM tickets on a Saturday for Pearl Harbor. We were told be there an hour early to pick up our tickets.... what time should we leave Aulani to get to Pearl Harbor no later than 8:15 (giving us time to park)?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Paul,

We did Pearl Harbor this morning. Left the resort at 7 on advise from the valet. We got to Pearl Harbor in about 30 minutes. We had 10:15 reservations and were able to do the Bowfin and museum before the memorial. Nice was to spend the morning.

Day 3

The kids were out by about 9 last night and DW and I were not far behind. DW and I are up at 5 this morning but the kids are still sleeping at 5:46 as I type this.

My advice would be to plan things for morning and early afternoon whenever possible. The sun and time difference catches up to you and late afternoon/evening are nice to just relax by the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter