Easter Basket 14 y/o boy

la79al

DIS Veteran
DDs girl scout troop has adopted a homeless shelter and is doing baskets for the kiddos. Most of the kids are little or girls so pretty easy. Now they have a 14 year old boy to fill a basket for and are stumped. The other kids are getting little things like coloring books and action figures so needs to be small/cheap. Not sure about device or vehicle status so probably can't be gift cards. Any other suggestions? Already have candy.

DDs girl scout troop has adopted a homeless shelter and is doing baskets for the kiddos. Most of the kids are little or girls so pretty easy. Now they have a 14 year old boy to fill a basket for and are stumped. The other kids are getting little things like coloring books and action figures so needs to be small/cheap. Not sure about device or vehicle status so probably can't be gift cards. Any other suggestions? Already have candy.

All of these should be under $15, with many under $10...

Graphic novel (superheroes)
Popsocket
Earbuds
Key covers (like this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AGM4Q...2d-e71d-a69&tag=popsugarshopx-20&linkCode=w50)
Filtered water bottle
Wild Rubik Cube (non traditional - like this https://www.amazon.com/Shengshou-SS551-ShengShou-Speed-Cube/dp/B005PH2HTK/ref=sr_1_47?crid=E63SREJAZZFC&dchild=1&keywords=rubik+cube+4x4&qid=1617126982&sprefix=rubik+cube+,aps,146&sr=8-47)
Sneaker Balls (the deodorizer - https://www.amazon.com/Sof-Sole-Sne...=1617127068&sprefix=scent+ball,aps,150&sr=8-6

14 is a tough age. Hot wheels and small lego packs are probably too young for him but going basketless and just giving candy is probably not good. A Mad Libs book or a comic. How about a puzzle book like GAMES magazine, it it still exists. How about an illustrated 'How thing work book'?

These have been a hit in the past with my teenage boys:
Rubix Cubes - they have several different ones
Card Games (Dos, Monopoly, Life, etc)
Lego Minifigure Blind packs - even if they don't love Legos anymore they usually like the see what they get and build them
Lead pencils with refill lead
Ear buds (with so much school being online I'm betting he'll at least have a device for school)

Last edited:

How about some Nike socks, or whatever the hot athletic brand is right now? Roll them up so they look small. Young kids won't know the cost, but socks will seem cheap and I'm guessing socks are something homeless kids need. Maybe some flip flops for the shower or upcoming summer? Sunglasses? Mini drone?

How about some beef jerky to go along with the candy?

Last edited:
I vote for getting one good thing + candy. He can probably afford little things /would appreciate a larger thing that he can't get on his own.

- Summer's coming, so maybe a pair of shorts and a tee.
- Hoodies are universally loved by teens.

Since it is a homeless shelter project.. and these kids are really in a terrible spot by no fault of their own, and most of them have very little. 14 is a difficult age under the best circumstances...

I would say some fast food gift cards, back pack, flip flops, some travel size toiletries, cotton shorts and T-shirt solid colors, Hoodie, socks.

My friend was/is a foster parent and she said alot of these kids start out in the homeless shelters, or domestic violence shelters... and have seen more and witnessed more that any child should have to... She said alot of times when they would bring the kids everything that they had would be in a trash bag, which is so sad... giving them a place to store their stuff is very important... Most of them have hardly any real clothing, or belongings...

A drawstring sports bag (as someone mentioned, he needs a place to keep his stuff), good socks, travel size body wash, razor, plastic eggs with candy & $5, and small lego or travel sized game, graphic novel or fun book. 14 year old boys are still kids deep down inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter